Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 ANNA Update Problems

Counsellor
jada0007

N8 ANNA Update Problems

After the Symbian Anna Update on my Nokia N8 (German) I lost my applications. Adobe LE and Quickoffice are gone. Some of my Theme are gone. I try to download it again from OVI Store but I got a Error.

Please use plain text.
Sage
lillracksingen

Are you sure you loaded the official Anna released yesterday and not the leaked beta version?

I loaded the beta on my N8 a few weeks ago. It was missing QuickOffice and some other stuff. This morning I loaded the official release (product code 0598984). This one include both Adobe LE and QuickOffice.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DoomerX

I'm facing the same problem too, losing Quickoffice and Adobe LE. I've updated my n8 through ovi suite, so i guess it was an official release version.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jada0007

I used the Nokia OVI Suite this morning.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Oh my..i lost my Quickoffice too after upgraded to Symbian Anna just now

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MK99

i lost calling feature.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
phonehacker

[ Edited ]

MK99 wrote:

i lost calling feature.

ha, interesting :smileyvery-happy:

If you want to thank someone, just click on the blue star at the bottom of their post

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pellekatt

[ Edited ]

i've got problems updating the OVI Store a few days ago, so I reseted my N8 and it works. (Maybe some betallabs applications like Nokia Bubbles caused this) But I was unable to login, after installing the latest QT files from http://fixqt.com/ it works.

This morning I tried to update Anna but it won't work, after reseting my N8 it works.

So my thoughts are you need the latest QT files to run the latest applications, but you're unable to update with it?

Maybe this info helps, and Nokia could fix this for upcomming updates?

Nokia N9
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MK99

phonehacker:
yes, very intresting! i try everything to get it back, but still missing. i hav to make tree_finger_reset and then it want to come back.
Please use plain text.
ylakerranasukki

I lost also adobe and office programs. Also what I noticed subtitles doesnt work anymore. Files are in the same folder, same name and .srt format. Worked before the anna update.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Finally the long wait is over. it doesn't look like it has hit the Africa market yet my N8 shows no updates available. Hopefully later on in the day... I can't believe people are already reporting problems though
Show your appreciation. Hit that kudos button real hard
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

I can confirm that Quick Office and Adobe Reader are missing from my Symbian Anna update which I received OTA today. It's disappointing but I am hoping that Nokia will issue a fix quickly. That's some major functionality missing there!

By the way, a hard reset did not restore the missing programs. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
helgen8

Same here - after ANNA update on my N8 (euro2_dg_germany) QuickOffice and Adobe PDF Reader are missing. Used update over OVI suite on PC, all went well, no error messages - but the apps are missing...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

I have just tried to reinstall the firmware update and Ovi Suite says that the service is unavailable. Maybe this is a sign that Nokia has realised that the firmware is bad and has pulled it from the site?

It's hard to believe how the firmware image could've made it all the way to a Production release without anyone realising that the Adobe Reader and Quick Office were missing. 

Please use plain text.
ylakerranasukki

same here. I get error message 12017 from ovi suite while trying to reinstall anna.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

Okay now there are a couple more updates available:

Symbian Anna update 1/2

Symbian Anna update 2/2

These have been offered to my phone over the air. I am downloading them now. Haha they are getting this sorted fairly quickly it seems! 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Just keep us posted on the out come as soon as you're done with your update. I would like to update today.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SpecK73

[ Edited ]

Excellent news folks! The two updates I mentioned above completed successfully and both Quickoffice and Adobe Reader are back.

There's also a new program called Communicator. Haven't checked that out yet.

Perhaps it wasn't possible for Nokia to include all of these programs into the firmware image for capacity reasons. It may be that they always intended to release them as separate installs and we all got caught out because we were too quick off the mark. This method sure has taken a big chunk out of the C: drive space though. I'm looking at just 146 MB available without any extra programs installed. I'm yet to install Ovi Store and Social either. Could be problematic.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
no1_slumko

Thanks you guys should keep us posted. I will not be able to update until I leave work in 2 hours time. if it's available already.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Software updater states that a firmware update is available. But I must update using Ovi Suite.

I connect to OVI suite and click on 'Software Updates' but does not show that a new update is available.

My phone is a UK unbranded phone, I also live in the UK.

My product code is: 059C5Q8

So is there something I am missing?

Please use plain text.