Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 ANNA Update Problems

Counsellor
Polchraine

Re: N8 ANNA Update Problems

Michaels posted a comment and I ask for a response, so far he has ignired te request.  I have sent a PM.

You post as a Nokia Employee stating:

It’s crucial that you not only download the operating system but also the Symbian Anna application packages.

Then when you are asked for comment on all of te problems nbeing encountered - you say NOTHING.

My phone is now lasting less than12 hours whereas before it would achieve 3 days.  The only change - teh software update that YOU and other Niokia employees tell me is CRUCIAL.

Why do you not respond or tell us how to overcome the problmes Nokia have introduced?

I await a response - or will I be ignored again?

Please use plain text.
neil73

I to have lost the abillity to make calls or recive calls

Please use plain text.
nofaithinanna

Ian,

Sorry to be a damp squib but don't hold your breath.  After finally responding to my request for support all Nokia could do was suggest I tried the update again (as if I hadn't done that many times already) or take to my local Nokia Care Centre.  Like you, CPW Merry Hill were not aware of Anna and despite being an Express centre sent if off without further recourse to me (trackmyrepair.com is a waste of time - phone the branch direct).  Anyway, I've just got my N8 back from CPW and guess what, no change - still no Ovi store, no quickOffice, no Adobe, no MS Communicator (not that I wanted it anyway), etc. yet SW update says all is fine and no updates required.

How can a manufacturer get their core business so wrong?  Seriously not impressed with Nokia's customer service at present.

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

[ Edited ]

I've have a problem after the update.

Got mine done at an NCC and all was fine. Put in parts 1/2 & 2/2 when I got home.

Apart from many of the problems noted, I have the problem that the date format in my phone keeps reverting to YYYY:MM:dd format instead of DD:MM:YYYY as i'd like it.

I've done a delete and restore and default reset to see if it cures it, but to no avail. I can't reinstall yet as Anna is not available for my Product code yet.

In the" time settings", when I select the format I want, it switches back right in front of my eye's in about a second flat. I have to hit the back button before it changes back at that is the only way it remains.

Once I turn off the phone, it reverts back to the yyyy:mm:dd settings again and I have to repeat the whole process again.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do?

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Arianine

I am not able to browse through Ovi Music after updating to Symbian Anna on my N8. The Ovi Music website gives an error "You couldnt be signed in automatically. Please sing in manually" and keeps reloading endlessly. After going through some forums, I have tried to change the Java/ECMA script setting on the N8 Browser. But the effect of enabling or disabling the Java/ECMA sript setting is the same. I have a feeling the Java version 2.2 which was loaded at the time of the update is corrupted. Is there any way of reinstalling Javascript. I dont see any problem with Ovi Store or the N8 Browser as such.

Hope someone has a solution..!

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Please use plain text.

i have vibration problem.after the update with anna it just stop working,,please any ideas?>

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lalithn8

problem with nokia n8 cam

hello

my nokia n8 is working fine but when i click the snaps the snaps are not getting saved..  when i open the photos folder iam getting message refresh and all picturs are geeting deleted.. iam facing this problem when i updated to Anna...... in file manager iam unable to see the camers folder where the snaps get saved

can any one help me out to overcome this problem............ i tryed to reinstall the n8 but iam getting some error

thanks in advance..........................

Please use plain text.
nicolafranciosi

Hello,

I just did the update to Anna two days ago from OVI and realized yesterday that QuickOffice and Adobe are gone :-(

Since the problem was known three weeks ago and it hasn't been fixed, the phone is unstable and sometimes reboot itself with no-reasons I suppose that Microsoft development team is not only working with Nokia on the new OS but helped on the development of Anna, too ;-) :-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
SufletSad

[ Edited ]

Ok , so now i'm begining to get realy dissapointed in Nokia although i'm a fan for almost 8 years now.

Symbian Anna , right , i lost all the apps that everybody mentioned before , i still don't see a search feature in music( now why doesn't anyone realise THAT IT IS IMPORTANT TO SEARCH IN LIBRARY of 300 TRACKS AND NOT SCROLL TO FIND ONE ) but the thing that bugs me the most is this : after updating yesterday i lost the access points to connect to the internet. So far ok , i understood , i made the configurations again , but the real problem is this : i cannot change destinations priorities , i can't even delete a destination , Ovi won't connect ( connection failure , yeah right , as if i can't see that he doesn't know how to connect to a destination ) , Opera won't connect , and i'm out of ideas how to fix the problem .

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited. Inappropriate use of words is not allowed in this forum.

To the moderator who editet my post ( you can delete this part after reading it ) : if you are effective at reading the posts and editing them would you be so kind to tell your boss to be as effective as you are and to try to fix our problems ? :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
gremlin666

I did the anna update and all the others ovi suite suggested at the beginning of this week, like everyone else it deleted office and adobe. Tried e-mailing nokia through this site, web page doesn't respond when you try send ( me thinks they are doing the la la i'm not listening routine). I have tried re installing, reboot , seached ovi store for free quick office and adobe but no joy anywhere!! Please Nokia, you've had weeks to fix this now. Can't you just release a copy of quick office and adobe on ovi store and give all us dissapointed N-8 owners a code to download it? I can't open half the stuff on my phone!!

Please, we didn't spend all this money on a phone that could do everything for the most anticipated software release to be such a bodge job!!

feel free to contact me ( you have my e-mail through my nokia username) and tell me how to fix this, baring in mind i'm not an IT expert

...and please don't tell me to switch it off and on again...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ocelotrevs

I can't install 2/2. 

It's saying that my time and date settings could be causing an issue. But both my phone and computer has the correct time and date.

It's saying that the signature cannot be validated.

This Symbian Anna thing is just getting on my nerves, so many problems since it's been released. I never had any such problems with the 5800. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
funfunfan

/t5/Software-Updates/Symbian-Anna-1-2-installation-issues-watch-this-space/m-p/1191417/highlight/tru...

What should I do if I get an error message that the installation of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack failed?

There are two solutions on how to resolve this issue:

1) We have distributed a new version of the Symbian Anna 1/2 installation pack, that you can easily download by using the software update application on your phone (which is visible under Menu>Applications>Software Update on N8 & E7 or Menu>Applications>Tools>Software Update for C6-01 & C7). Note: If you have used the Software Update app in the last 24 hours, please reset the cache by changing the date of your phone to a date 4 weeks from now.

2) Even if you got the message that the update failed, most of the content did get installed nevertheless. The only applications missing are QuickOffice and Adobe pdf reader. To finish the installation for those, you can download QuickOffice and the Adobe pdf reader via the following links:

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Adobe.sis

- http://dl.nokia.com/sdo/Quick_Office.sis

BR,

yvonne

Please use plain text.
lexlaxnic

(I´m brazilian user) I have a problem with upgrade to Adobe 2.5 LE (496) in the Nokia N8-00.  The instalation is aborted. My version today is Adobe LE 10.00 (245). The system Symbian Anna is atualized with the last update. What to do?  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mickeyfinch

This seems to be a common problem downloaded my nokian8 upgrade and lost Quick office use my phone for work and have all my files on it Now |I can't download quick office .The phone's now useless.Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
waltercio

After upadting the anna to version 025.17 and try to receive or perform a phone call the screen becomes blank (it turns off) and I can only see who is calling to me after unblock the phone using the unlock button. The same when I am performing a call the screen is just turnned off after type the calling number and press call button.. does anyone knows how to solve this? or maybe donwgrade again the phone. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
waltercio

Sorry.. my phone is a Nokia N8 device.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
waltercio

Hey friend,

After updating mine I got the same issue too.. did you solve the problem? how?  I appreciate your help cause this is very anoying to me.

Regards.

Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have symbian belle in my n8 . And I updated my music player to the latest version by sw update. But after updating i can't open this app, error mg saying. Home features not supported, and same with nokia maps,signal boost and other app. So what can i do. And from where i can download these apps manually. Please tell me in antenna3@ovi.com
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have symbian belle in my n8 . And I updated my music player to the latest version by sw update. But after updating i can't open this app, error mg saying. Home features not supported, and same with nokia maps,signal boost and other app. So what can i do. And from where i can download these apps manually. Please tell me in ankitrana3@ovi.com
Please use plain text.