Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Anna, Default Browser Opera Not Working!!!

Professor
childofthewo_mj

N8 Anna, Default Browser Opera Not Working!!!

I just installed Opera Mobile 11.5 APAC on my phone. Works excellent.

I went to Settings > Application Settings > Default Applications

Changed "Browsing Internet" from Web to Opera Mobile.

When I click a link in an SMS or from a Qt App, the Nokia Browser is called???

Why is "Default Browser" not working???

Help!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

I have experienced the same thing, I find it sometimes work, sometimes not !  I will let you know when I find this out !

I tried out the Belle last night, and believe me, we are not going to need Opera after Belle (1.5 month or so)

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Ha! Make that 3 months for me. I just got Anna a week ago! I live in Canada. Norrth America seems to be always last in these updates.

Let's hope BELLE offers the utimate and I would not need too swtich to Android.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Opera as default web won't work with all applications, afaik it works with inbuilt e-mail client(not sure of Nokia messaging) and Gravity.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Sucks! If this option is here (and it is an awesome option), it should be 100% effective for all Apps!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
krizanand

Anna web browser is Ok but not great. I still prefer Opera for opening links. I use Twitter on Gravity all time so never bothered about it.

If a reply has solved your problem click Accept as solution button, doing it will help others know the solution. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

childofthewo_mj wrote:

I just installed Opera Mobile 11.5 APAC on my phone. Works excellent.

I went to Settings > Application Settings > Default Applications

Changed "Browsing Internet" from Web to Opera Mobile.

When I click a link in an SMS or from a Qt App, the Nokia Browser is called???

Why is "Default Browser" not working???

Help!!!!

I even don't have the option to chose the OperaMini web browser on my N8 (it IS installed!). I only have one option and that is "Web".

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Arbaerinn

Well well I just went through my settings ones again, and Opera just doesn't work as primary browser.

- But I just tried Belle, and boys just wait, its a huge step forward, and its not taking us on the same level as the competitors, its beyond that.

Sometimes the grass just always seems greener on the other side of the fence, but believe me there are a lot of interesting options on the way.

I have had my N8 for 1 year, and after some huge search not found another device doing the same thing.  But I´m involved in outdoor activities and some remote/hostile operating environment.  Ok yes there is one phone that has better antenna/receiver coverage and that's N9.  This is just my experience.

Please use plain text.
Professor
childofthewo_mj

Me too.... I have played with several Androids. I stll like my N8.

Please use plain text.