Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Belle Hotmail Folder Sync Problems

Counsellor
gazzmann

N8 Belle Hotmail Folder Sync Problems

Hi, recently I had to do a software reinstall due to a faulty SIM and when I reconnected to my Hotmail it no longer shows my hotmail folders (other than the usual inbox/outbox etc), and it's not syncing deletions or read mail when I go to hotmail via my PC. It worked fine before but I can't seem to find a solution online or from thoroughly checking through all the settings on my phone. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

N8-00 on Vodafone
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

Hi guzzmann,

The issue is usually caused by Nokia Messaging security feature, which connects the SIM card information to the Messaging account.  Usually  removing the mailbox and setting it up again will get it working.

Hope this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
merlin2456

I too had to re install belle after losing a facebook widget, i now find that my hotmail will not show my folders. I have done a soft reset and deleted and reinstalled the account numerous times using both Hotmail and other to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated as this did work prior to re install.

Regards

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
gazzmann

I've tried what has been suggested and it doesn't work. Looks like this a common problem, does anyone else know of any work arounds? Seems daft as it was working fine previously...

N8-00 on Vodafone
Please use plain text.
Sage
metal_might

i have the same problem too - after reset, unable to set up NM push sync. the mailbox always configures pop3.live.com, which i don't want.

kosh has somewhere in this forum mentioned that nokia messaging is being phased out from S^3 onwards.

could that be the reason?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

This is currently under investigation but it appears to be because of changes on the server side. When more information becomes available we will share it with you here.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.

watch this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gbqz9Sky8FU

works a treat!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
sameers89

bt it dusnt shw any solution for de actual Hotmail mail client.. dis one is shwn fr active sync

Please use plain text.