Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Bluetooth K/board which SIS file to downloa...

Contributor
bargepole
Accepted Solution

N8 Bluetooth K/board which SIS file to download?

Hi have bought a B/tooth k/board that's supposed to support Symbian S60 V3.0 and above.

Which SIS file on the CD should I install,

Nokia S60 3.1 edition

Nokia S60 3.2 edition

Nokia S60 3rd edition

TIA

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: N8 Bluetooth K/board which SIS file to download?

[ Edited ]

I doubt if any of these will be OK..S60 v3.0 and above means that for S60 only.Your Nokia N8 is S^3 that is different from S60.  

BTW you may try with any one and see..If it gives you the prompt that its incompatible, it may abort the installation on its own. Even if it gets installed and doesn't work, then un-install it.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bargepole

thanks for reply. The ad for the k/board actually pictured a N8 so I thought it would be ok. Which is the latest version of the above, 3.2 or 3rd edition, just a bit confusing hence post.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

As it seems 3.2 is the latest..because only 3rd most probably means 3.0

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@bargepole

Any more clues as to what Bluetooth keyboard this is would be great as for example Nokia SU-8W doesn't need a driver, but the now discontinued iGo Stowaway Ultra-slim Keyboard requires driver for N73 an S60 3rd Ed. device to use with N8.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bargepole

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bargepole

installation not compatible with the phone !
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
kingblue

Just wondering: what happens if you just pair the keyboard with your N8 from within the Bluetooth menu ?

This keyboard is not a Nokia keyboard, so I would suggest you to contact the manufacturer, to see whether they have a suitable application for the N8, as indeed the ad clearly shows the combination with an N8.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

bargepole wrote:
installation not compatible with the phone !

Would have to concur with kingblue to try simplest option first as this CVDH-A66 is almost universally compatible (Mac also) and incidentally Apple Bluetooth keyboard easily pairs with N8.

If you do need to try enclosed driver on CD usually have to ignore such installation messages and continue, for example you get this a lot with applications designed to work with S60 5th Ed. touch screen devices which function with N8. I would start with S60 3rd. and if it doesn't work uninstall it and try another.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bargepole

Tried just pairing it, the phone does see it as a new paired device (so assume b/tooth k/board is working) it ask for k/board passcode, I've tried various 4 digit numbers, 0000, 1234, but get same message, "unable to pair with Bluetooth keyboard".

Also tried downloading and installing SIS file, but then started to get error messages when I chose "yes" to "application not compatible with phone, download anyway". They weren't on the phone long enough for me to record what they were.

Looks like I'll have to write this one off as far as the N8's concerned, thanks for all suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Did you try entering the SAME passkey on the Keyboard too ?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
domble

I have the same keyboard; works a treat with the N8.  No driver needed.

Tell the phone to pair with it, press the little button top right on the keyboard until its blue light does stuff, enter a passcode on the phone, type the same passcode on the keyboard and press enter.

dom.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bargepole

That's sorted it, needs SAME password entering on k/board and the ENTER key pressing, thanks for all help
Please use plain text.