Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8/C7 PURPLE SCREEN ISSUE AND HOW TO SPOT IF YOU H...

Registered Member
kashyapsb

Re: N8/C7 PURPLE SCREEN ISSUE AND HOW TO SPOT IF YOU HAVE IT PLEASE READ

hello sir/madam.,

I am kashyap from Tumkur, INDIA. i'm complaining about the severe purple tint isuue i'm having in my N8. Within one week of purchase it had a power problem & i got it replaced it. After that the purple issue is on the display. I just got my handset replaced 5 times with the new one but again the issue remains.Are the experts not checking the display before they send it to me. It's the sixth time i have given that for replacement to SLANS COMMUNICATION, TUMKUR with job sheet no:493465550/111014/37 and i also complained about this in the NOKIA customer care with complaint Number: 1-11907331491. Please contact we with this regard and this time get me a proper display with no issue. If this time something goes wrong i'm sure to complain in consumer forum. I'm totally disappointed with the service. kindly reply me about the case.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

And Nokia continues to produce N8 with "purple" screen...
Please use plain text.
Advisor
dshroar

Its time for Nokia to declare purple screen as a unique feature of their latest phones.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
santathe1

Yes the N8 proved to be too much of a headache for me to even consider buying it ( i,e after all these problems).
So I got myself a Nokia 701 which is doing fine for now (fingers crossed).
Nokia 701
113.010.1506 - FP2
Missing many essential options from FP1 and original Belle.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
vtoroff

I paid the money and I installed a new display. Now there is no purple. Marking the screen MP40. Very disappointed with NCP. Disgusting company.

Here's a video of the new screen:

http://youtu.be/KQNgU6J1Euk

Please use plain text.
Advisor
fetmelter

Same here. I paid myself a display update at NCC

I was not in a position to exercise my "rights" because my device was found out of warranty area, and honestly I was to happy to find a display to discuss much about it.

If my phone was to fall under local Nokia warranty, they would probably have replaced it for free.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got myself a second hand Black N8 Made in Finland

(after testing the N9 I got into virtual keyboards but wanted something more "durable"and less slippery for everyday use and with a camera shutter button)

Noticed the purple screen, purple area's in B&W pictures, the purple blur in dark and grey area's when watching films etc.. Unacceptable.

In Vietnam it is easy to compare screens so I went into the street, did compare screens of about 3 second hand devices "Made in China" : all purple, some even worse than mine.

Comparison done by watching same grey shade testing image in photo application, which I bluetoothed to the respective devices. (thank you Nokia for not needing an "app" for this "advanced feature")

Checked one new device in shop: Purple of course.

Took my device to a Nokia care centre a little bit out of  town centre, where the people have a lot of time to listen and provide service:

Showed a testing image, explained the movie issue, told them the issue is much worse in dark conditions... I was transferred to the counter of a technical lady. Did the explanation again. Told her I wanted the problem solved and the problem can be solved by replacing current display by an MP40 one.

No denial, no discussion. They grabbed the phone confirmed the display to be available, unfortunately I would have to pay because the phone wasn't originally sold in Vietnam.

No problem. I forked out 2 million VND and 2 hours later I was walking around with a warm colored display that looks better than the only good device I could compare mine with: initial batch 10/2010 Russian market N8 made in Finland device with no purple issue.

There is now also 12 months warranty seal on my phone.

Since i paid for the screen I asked to take home the old one which I received nicely packed together with my device.

Total cost: less than a new purple Nokia N8 :smileyvery-happy:

Enjoying my high end N8, sadly again needing more nursing than I expected after freeing myself from the fragile N9.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

My N8 is FOURTH time in Nokia Care Point because they cannot fix purple tint. Whats is going on? Problem is well known from over year and they still don't know how to fix it? Do Nokia really care about their clients?

Please use plain text.
AJSS9BRASIL

Also I N8 With Stains Roxas, You In Guarantee (Brazil), The New Model was Changed From Nokia And Came With This Problem, NotThe Model Article These had Tones On Screen, All 7 Days of Use,Testing The New Nokia N8-00 And I can see orange Default ColorOut Of The Article-00 Nokia N8 N8 By Graphite And Other Market.Nokia N8-00 exchanged A New Model For Another New Article WithA Defect!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roshanrandawah

hi,

i live in malaysia,i have called so many nokia care centres in malaysia,none of them have a clue about it,please do something nokia,,,,i will be glad if nokia could exchange this faulty screens with clear black displays .

anyways please do something

NOKIA'S most loyal customer,

Roshan Randawah

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

Hi Roshan,

We note that you were contacted by phone by the Malaysian Care team recently but that the call was apparently interrupted. I have asked that they try again.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
roshanrandawah

yes i recieved a call,no please dont try again,i have got all the information i need.anyways how long is the warranty on the screen??

Please use plain text.
Technical Expert
michaels

The phone's warranty in Malaysia is one year from the date of purchase.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
SITI87hajar

Hi,

I also live in Malaysia. Recently I found out that my N8 LCD display also have a purple tint issue. If I would like to replace the display, could it be done for free? My Nokia N8 is purchased during the pre-order period in 2010 and Nokia Malaysia offered a 2-years of warranty for those who purchased the Nokia N8 during the pre-order. The warranty supposed to expire this October 2012. :smileyhappy:

Nokia 3310, 8250, 6070, 6060, 3120, 1110, 1280, 5300 XpressMusic, N76, 6120 classic, 5800 XpressMusic, 5530 XpressMusic, N900, C3-00, N8-00, N9, 700, X2-01, Asha 302, Lumia 610, Lumia 920, Asha 501, Lumia 820 and Lumia 1520... :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor
SLiNT

hi to all, please help i need answers..

can Nokia Care Center replace the LCD with purple tint issue to a new LCD with nothing problem? or they just reduce the purple tint?i send my phone to nearest NCC in my country.

N8 user...

Please use plain text.