Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 Camera focus ?!

jojjow
Accepted Solution

N8 Camera focus ?!

Hey!
My camera on N8 doesn't focus at al. Its blurry on the Screen and on the pictures. And the red light before the light works sometimes. Before this problems started so did it work every time. And the focus on camera.

I have restored the settings but I have still the same problem .

Cane someone help me with this problem ?

Sorry for my bad English.

Johanna

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: N8 Camera focus ?!

@jojjow

Is this in all modes, say if you tap "A" at right of screen and choose "Close-up" within camera application?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

If it's not in Landscape mode then it looks like the Focus is stuck.

Was the Green rectangle appearing when you focused?

You could try re-installing the firmware using Nokia Suite or Nokia Software Updater, that should re-set the camera completely.

If that fails then the problem is probably  mechanical and a visit to a Nokia Care Centre will be needed.

Good Luck.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Advisor
00RaiserTwo

I also have the same problem.

I've only bought the N8 two weeks ago and for the first three days, the camera was working fine. On my case, however, the camera sometimes function properly (meaning, it takes clear photos) and sometimes not.

@aspergerguy

I think this is applicable to all the camera modes. I've tried all modes one by one and it yielded the same result. It's all blurry.

@j444lh

I think the focus is stuck, indeed. The focus indicator, the rectangle in the middle of the screen that lights up as green or red, is always stuck in red; thus, the blurry shots. It also applies to the video mode. It's also blurry.

On the other hand, at some occasions, the focus indicator ligths up as green but it still yields blurry photos, regardless of the camera mode.

If I remember it right, the camera was functioning properly before I updated the Anna OS preloaded in my N8 to its latest firmwire update available. After that, it started to go blurry and the focus seemingly stuck.

For now, I'll do your suggestion. I'll reinstall the OS via Nokia Suite. I'll post here again for updates regarding this. I just hope it works.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
00RaiserTwo

@j444lh

Your suggestion didn't work.

Please use plain text.
jojjow

Its in all modes :smileysad: But sometimes the focus is all okay , that depends on the light in the room . Strange.. Tried too change moods and reinstall camera settings but have the same problem .. Well well  thanks all for responding !!

Please use plain text.
Professor
j444lh

Sounds like its hardware.

I know it's a silly question but;

Check that the protective film has been removed from the lens.

You do know that you have to hold the Camera button down half way and let it focus before pressing it the rest of the way.

Apologies if that's obvious but some people don't realize the N8 has to focus.

Apart from that, take them back because the N8 has a great camera and you should be enjoying the experience.

N95 (RM159) V31.0.017, N8 (RM596) Belle 111.040.1511
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

Hey Jojjow! Welcome to the forums.

Could you try holding your N8 next to your ear whilst half pressing the camera button, whilst having the camera application open.

Could you let me know if you can hear the lense motor operating? It should sound like a very quiet clicking sound.

If you cannot hear it, your motor is probably gone and you will need to visit your local Nokia Care.

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Please use plain text.
jojjow

I just tried it and it works.. So I hope it will work for now on.. The camera has allway focus before i tok pictures .. Thanks you all for you tok your time to help me..
// Johanna
Please use plain text.
cdbreg

i have exactly the same problem as well. Sometimes the autofocus works (the pictures are fine and i can hear the motor), sometimes it doesnt. Same problem was apearring BEFORE the anna update as well, but not that often. I just got it back from a repair center. The answer i got was that the camera is broken due to a hit, and this cant be covered by the warranty. This explanation IMO fails to justify why the problem is only intermittent. I mean if the focus motor was broken, it should never work. 

Seems that many N8 users have the same issue with me! Is there any official announcement from nokia about this? Or we are all crazy?

Please use plain text.