Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 - Can't connect to any network (including m...

Advisor
toshkabg

N8 - Can't connect to any network (including mobile operator's network)

[ Edited ]

Hi, guys!

I have a problem with the network connectivity and I'd be glad if you can help me.

So let's start from here.

I did a hard reset on my N8.

Since i did that, i cannot connect to the internet. Whenever i try to connect to a network (no matter if it's WLAN or Mobile operator's network) I get an instant message "Connection failed. Connection not found"

I tried like everything... *#7370#, *#7780#, reinstalled it with Ovi Suite and still can't connect to the internet.

Symbian^3, version: PR1.2 (014.002)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toshkabg

Re: N8 - Can't connect to any network (including mobile operator's network)

[ Edited ]

bump!

No one has any idea about this problem??  :smileysad::smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@toshkabg

If you go to Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Settings > Destinations > Internet - what access points do you have defined as "Internet" will choose whatever is "Priority 1" by default?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toshkabg

@aspergerguy

Thank you for your reply!

I have 17 APs. In the bottom is my operator's network, on the top, as #1 is my router. But i can't connect to any of the networks.. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toshkabg

[ Edited ]

Well... It seems that there is no solution for this problem, so i'll try flashing my phone with some other version of the software..

Anyway, thank you. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@toshkabg

If considering such extreme measures have you thought of deleting all existing access points and re-creating them as needed?

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toshkabg

Yes, i did. Then i tried to connect to my home router, it asked for password, i wrote it and pressed ok. It took 1-2 sec. and then it showed the same message. Now i have only one AP, which is my operator's network and i can't connect to it too. Everything i tried it didn't work.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

toshkabg wrote:

Hi, guys!

I have a problem with the network connectivity and I'd be glad if you can help me.

So let's start from here.

I did a hard reset on my N8.

Since i did that, i cannot connect to the internet. Whenever i try to connect to a network (no matter if it's WLAN or Mobile operator's network) I get an instant message "Connection failed. Connection not found"

I tried like everything... *#7370#, *#7780#, reinstalled it with Ovi Suite and still can't connect to the internet.

Symbian^3, version: PR1.2 (014.002)

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Goto Connectivity>Setting>Check Data use on home country+abroad  is set to "Always ask or Automatic". Sometimes when connecting to certain apps using network it reconfigures this setting.

Hope this helps and if it does please do not forget Kudo and mark as Accept as Solution.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
toshkabg

@nokuzer

Hello.

The settings were already set as you said (I use them like this all the time).

However, i flashed it and now it works pretty well! Thank you for the support, guys! :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
neiz

pls what could be the cause of this connectivity problem. my n8 also has this problem. where and how do i flash the fone

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mahesh_maahi

i also have the same problem.

so, wat can i do?

Please use plain text.