Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8: Displaying camera picture for a couple of ...

Counsellor
Apodida
Accepted Solution

N8: Displaying camera picture for a couple of seconds only

Does the N8 have a setting to display the still image that you just took, for a couple of seconds only, before returning to shooting mode?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Apodida

Re: N8: Displaying camera picture for a couple of seconds only

I'm on Anna, by the way.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Apodida,

Thanks for your post.

This should happen automatically on an N8 with Symbian Anna.

I just did a test myself, what should happen is once you take the picture it should then show you a still of the picture with options to edit the picture. Once you are happy with the picture if you press the back button it will take you back to shooting mode. Well that's what happened with the device I just tested.

I couldn't see an option to modify this.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards

Raoul_Duke

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Apodida

I see the same as you, but I was hoping for a way to go back after 2 seconds (say) without pressing the "back" button. 

That "back" button is just too close to the "Delete" icon for me to be comfortable. 

I'm fairly new to this phone (and touch sensitive displays in general) and I'm not fluent in switching from pressing the buttons along the edge of the phone (zoom, camera on, shutter) to using the display and back again. 

I'm almost tempted to switch to "Show captured image: No", but then I won't know if the shot that I took was OK or not.

Please use plain text.
Professor
andy3196

I rarely use the back icon, just half press the shutter release button and it goes back to camera mode.
N8-00 pc059C9F6 Belle
808 PureView pc059P6W5
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Apodida

Brilliant! That's even better than the 2 second delay, because I can go slower, or faster, as I wish!
Thank you!
Please use plain text.