Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 HDMI icon does not disappear once cable is ...

honest_will

N8 HDMI icon does not disappear once cable is disconnected

[ Edited ]

Bought the N8 recently on the 3 mobile in Australia

As soon as i turned the phone on and added my internet WLAN, it updated some software on the phone

I tested the N8's HDMI feature which it outputs to the TV very easily

A HDMI icon (top right of screen) appears to indicate that the cable is in use

Once the cable is removed from TV and phone,

the HDMI icon still appears in top right corner

The only way i find to remove the icon is to turn off and on the phone to remove icon

This post is to find the solution to this problem and if not solved, at least provide a future update for the hardware.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
doecek

Re: N8 HDMI icon does not disappear once cable is disconnected

I have the same problem. 

Moreover, if the HDMI logo still appears in the right top corner YOU WILL GET NO SOUND from music player except headphones. You have to restart your N8. 

Other solution is to use a process manager, however if you are not sure what you're doin better leave it.

Regards,

doecek

Please use plain text.