Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Handsfree controls (WH-701) not working

Contributor
leocub
Accepted Solution

N8 Handsfree controls (WH-701) not working

None of the controls in the bundled handsfree of my N8 is working. When I connect it tha phone identifies that as the headphone.

Help anyone

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
iseebird

I thought I had the same problem as you but you need to press in the headset until you hear a snap.  This will let you know your headset is completely in.  Hope this helps. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
leocub

Oh yes!
that was the problem.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
N8world

when i connect my headset wid nokia its show connected but buttons (MUSIC KEY ND CALLING KEY,SOUND KEY)not works .plz help me ...IS WH-701 not supported or what plz nokia rply nd solve my problem>!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
p2829

I have the problem too and solve it this way, each time I want to use the N8 headphone (WH-701).

1. Activate Music Player. But do not plug in the N8 headphone yet.

2. Start playing a song on Music Player.

3. While the song is playing with the Music Player still open, then only plug in the N8 headphone (push connector all in until you hear a snap sound).

4. After that, you may hide the Music Player.

With that method, the sound on N8 headphone is great and all its media controls work well.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
rich0569

thanks heaps for the helpful tip. the phone is great i love it. i got a bit worried when the headphones didnt work properly. now they do. thanks again.

Please use plain text.
areebn8

Ye the sounds great !! But the handsfree buttons do not work!!!!!!!!!! The sound play forward and reverse..all buttons on the Handsfree do not work !!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
senakag

Thanks p2829. Your tips resolved my control button issue.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Hey 'P2829" Thanks a lot dude...  I had the same problem with my headset and always thought there would be some sequence that i needed to follow. cos the head set controls would work in between.. Kudos

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
amsgap

thank u so much! Tips really work!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Yess2000

I also have this problem, and the workaround doesn't work. Is it the phone or the headset which is the problem?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mohseen0098

i have the same problem , the tip was helpfull

but i'm realy wonder how Nokia department is so oblivious on this issue

i hope fixing it by new frimware comming out ....

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Numis

I believe that the problem is with speed. If you don't plug in the headset quickly enough, it gets recognized as headphones only. If you do it quickly, it's OK. Just my experience.

N8 / RM-596
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Numis has got the correct solution.  If you insert the headset slowly there's an increased chance that it will be detected as simple headphones whereupon you'll receive the message "Default accessory: Headphones. Use phone microphone". If you see this message your headset controls will not work.

I tried going into Settings->Phone->Accessories->Accessory Settings and setting the default to Headset, but this just caused the previous "Default accessory: Headphones..." message to be replaced with a prompt to "Select accessory:" from "Headphones / TV-Out cable / Music stand".

Thanks Numis, inserting the headset connection quickly every time has completely solved this problem for me.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
McGio1357

Many thanks, N8 purchased 15/04/2011 with same problem.

Your information is very perfect. Phone is really fantastic phone.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
McGio1357

Sorry, many thanks to p2829 for your solution.
Please use plain text.
wolffe

such a simple solution... thanks a ton bro... just as u stated, all i needed to do was plug it in till it snapped and voila!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Goodluck888

Oh yes! Inserting it in quickly solves it all. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
phil_74

Hello.

I've always the same problem.

The headphone runs but any key control runs. 

I hear a snap sound and I've a message that it asks me to talk and after the phone switch between music player and the famous message to talk.

And After 5 or 6 time I've a error system.....

so if somebody has an idea....

Thank you.... 

Please use plain text.
alexbv23

i had the same problem too with the headfree controls, at the begining, it worked for awhile..but, since a few days, i plug-in the headset, it works, and , after i put the cellphone in the pocket, with the headset connected, the handsfree controls doesn't work. could be a problem with the contact? please help me

Please use plain text.