I find it a shame! No answer from nokia until now...
I manually deleted the YouTube shortcut in the applications folder because it's also present under videos.
But now I have an empty YouTube shortcut with no function under videos...
Same problem to me, same cause (uninstalled google youtube app for "connection error").
The "good" news is
1) The original "app" It's not an app but just a bookmark to youtube site: clicking on it, make the default browser to start ang go to it. So, simply set the youtube site among your favourites in the browser . In addition, you can add the link on a homepage. Pity you can't personalize the link's icon,
2) The google team seems to be working on the the software, so we should hope for a new version symbian ^3 compatible.
I Found How to restore deleted shortcut of youtube. Check this site.
Website Main Source
22-06-2011 10:14 - edited 22-06-2011 10:15
Dont use the youtube shortcut.
Use the official Googles youtube client.
1. browse to m.google.com
2. Change the m.google.com language to english / country to UK or US, or the languages what m.google.com / their app supports.
3. Click youtube in m.google.com
4. Install the youtube client.
Enjoy the client, its 10x better than the browser shortcut thinggie.
13-02-2012 8:17 - edited 13-02-2012 8:19
Same problem !
NOKIA please answer
How to restore orginal YouTube shortcut in Menu, after uninstalled YouTube aplication from Google.
I have the same issue - original n8 youtube shorcut dissapeared after install of you tube app
I have done a hard reset on the phone which wipes everything and restores original factory settings and can confirm that the shortcut does NOT reappear - must not be built into the firmware but installed after by the operator
seems it has gone forever - could nokia please make it available to download ?
The official youtube application by youtube is available at Nokia Store it is not a bookmark anymore but a complete application now and it is v2.4.10 for Nokia Belle and it is only 1.1MB in size and it is compatible and working fine with Nokia Belle. Download it and it will restore your youtube shortcut and you will have a working application rather than a bokmark in the previous version of youtube.
Have a look at this
SOLUTION FOUND !!!
This is to restore the you tube web shortcut originally installed on your N8 phone but lost after installing poor quality you tube app.
This shortcut opens the nokia browser to youtube website as before - use attachment or follow link below for a selection download and install - its a widget wgz file which does not need any kind of certificate
This website is basic but very useful - bbciplayer widget and others available use the search box. You can also create your own shortcut apps - input website, choose icon and download