Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 - How to restore youtube shortcut

Advisor

N8 - How to restore youtube shortcut

Hi all

I've installed youtube app from m.google.com. However it's not working on N8 so I uninstalled it. The problem is it also removed the previous youtube shortcut to m.youtube.com in Video app.

How do I restore it?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
drzeet

I have exactly the same problem :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Same problem as well.. Does a firmware update / reload solve this as I read a comment on the support pages saying that youtube is a firmware on n8?
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
partyfix

I find it a shame! No answer from nokia until now...

I manually deleted the YouTube shortcut in the applications folder because it's also present under videos.

But now I have an empty YouTube shortcut with no function under videos...

Please use plain text.
Sage

same problem here!

Nokia Bug Tracking System @ http://dev.an3k.de/bugtracker/
Please use plain text.
Professor

Same problem to me, same cause (uninstalled google youtube app for "connection error").

The "good" news is

1) The original "app" It's not an app but just a bookmark to youtube  site: clicking on it, make the  default browser to start ang go to it. So, simply set the youtube site among your favourites in the browser . In addition, you can add the link on a homepage. Pity you can't personalize the link's icon,

2) The google team seems to be working on the the software, so we should hope for a new version symbian ^3 compatible.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adilanis

I Found How to restore deleted shortcut of youtube. Check this site.

http://www.mobilegamesarena.net/2011/01/youtube-shortcut-v100-s3-unsigned-s3.html

Website Main Source

http://www.mobilegamesarena.net/

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
partyfix

Hey

I tried this app but it does not work for me - certificate error...

any ideas? thx!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
adilanis

Sign this app before install.. then it will work...

how to sign an application?
Search on google.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arayarathna

i want youtube shortcut softwear.it's havent my phone
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
jerspa

[ Edited ]

Dont use the youtube shortcut.

Use the official Googles youtube client.

1. browse to m.google.com

2. Change the m.google.com language to english / country to UK or US, or the languages what m.google.com / their app supports.

3. Click youtube in m.google.com

4. Install the youtube client.

Enjoy the client, its 10x better than the browser shortcut thinggie.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PeterMac83

[ Edited ]

Same problem !

NOKIA please answer
How to restore orginal YouTube shortcut in Menu, after uninstalled YouTube aplication from Google.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
carlosf

I have the same issue - original n8 youtube shorcut dissapeared after install of you tube app

I have done a hard reset on the phone which wipes everything and restores original factory settings and can confirm that the shortcut does NOT reappear - must not be built into the firmware but installed after by the operator

seems it has gone forever - could nokia please make it available to download ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Akash_satpathi

Download YouTube Apps again because that's most likely same.
Please use plain text.
Sage
Ngwangwa

Hi carlsof,

The official youtube application by youtube is available at Nokia Store it is not a bookmark anymore but a complete application now and it is v2.4.10 for Nokia Belle and it is only 1.1MB in size and it is compatible and working fine with Nokia Belle. Download it and it will restore your youtube shortcut and you will have a working application rather than a bokmark in the previous version of youtube.

Have a look at this

Ngwangwa - Six Million Ways To Die Choose One
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

YouTube app from Nokia store doesn't work with my 701 belle fp1.
If you lost the Youtube shortcut, just use default browser and type YouTube.com.
Both are one and the same

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
carlosf

SOLUTION FOUND !!!

This is to restore the you tube web shortcut originally installed on your N8 phone but lost after installing poor quality you tube app.

This shortcut opens the nokia browser to youtube website as before - use attachment or follow link below for a selection download and install - its a widget wgz file which does not need any kind of certificate

http://appme.eve-c.org/get/JMFPXB

This website is basic but very useful - bbciplayer widget and others available use the search box. You can also create your own shortcut apps - input website, choose icon and download

Please use plain text.