Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Ovi Store FAIL TO DOWNLOAD 2.04 UPDATE

Advisor

N8 Ovi Store FAIL TO DOWNLOAD 2.04 UPDATE

[ Edited ]

Hi guys.

The ovi store has recently released the 2.04 version update for my region(hong kong), but I can't download it.

In the past, I have updated to the 2.04 version but I got all downloads "download error". So I uninstalled the 2.04 version and reinstalled the 2.00 old version. However, no luck at all. Nokia has pulled the update so I couldn't update to 2.04 version last few days.

Okay. So today, the ovi store again got the mandatory 2.04 update. However, whenever I press the "update" button, it pops up a "fail to add download" window and then jump back to the update process window. Okay so I wait. 4.57mb, half an hour, it didn't even download a byte!

Any ideas? Can anyone send me the manual 2.04 ovi store update? (4.57mb) 

Or how can I fix it? 

I have 2 main questions:

1. Why I got all downloads "download error" in ovi store?

2. How can I manual update to 2.04 version? Is there any sis patch?

Thanks a lot!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

any ideas? 

btw, the buggy s^3 is driving me crazy and i have already visited the NCC for 5 times already ...

i'm getting more sure this is the last symbian phone i'll have 

Please use plain text.
Sage
Tirza

Ovi already warned some users will fail to download Ovi Store at first (or second, third, etc).

Ovi simply asked to just tap on "Try Again" button, and the update will install eventually without problem.

Please use plain text.
Advisor

problem fixed~

i uninstalled the ovi store and redownloaded it. This time, it gave me the full 2.04 version patch(for 4.xx mb)

it works! thanks!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

How did you uninstall Ovi Store ?
Nokia 808
Nokia CK-200
Please use plain text.
J0UNI

[ Edited ]

My update is stuck, it show on screen, that is downloading ovi store 2.00.1.0025, but it not do that.

When i try to cancel, it´ s not working. I must close program. How i can uninstall this ovistore? and try to start clean table. phone is e7

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

to uninstall ovi you need go menu>settingsapplication manager>installed apps and find it there with all apps starting from letter o
Please use plain text.
J0UNI

It´s not delete that way. When i try Uninstall Ovi or OviStore, phone give message " Removing Cancelled ". It make same error also for the others default programs.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
StephenRonald

Hi, mine also having problem with OVI store updation. I downloaded it & its showing message that "Installation willtake few minutes, pls wait", after that nothing is happening. I tried many times, but no use. Pls help

Please use plain text.
Professor
greycounciller

Sorry to say chaps, tried it and it worked first time!!

Many thanks to OPazz000888.

Kudos added.

Jurassic Park, Sam Neill to Dickie Attenborough " Mr. Hammond, the phones are working !"
N8-00 Tesco UK 059C951, Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Naak

same scheisse with E7. Unpack from box, fail to install ovi store.

Nice testing.

Please use plain text.
Naak

after 4 reboot->install>fail it just miraculously installed.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi all.

Bought N8 yesterday with Ovi Store problem.

After 5 or 6 attempts went through ok.

Just thought you might want to try this before the hard-reset options....

Regards

Please use plain text.