Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 Turned itself off & wont go back on

Contributor
fudnut

N8 Turned itself off & wont go back on

Ok so I'm on handset no 3 which I received yest (17th jan) & tonight it turned itself off & I cant get it back on.

Does anyone know how 2 get it started or  how many handsets I have to go through to gvet a diff make?

cheers susan

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Sorry no clues from your posts as to whether contract phone or not but as devices so far are obviously unfit for purpose you need to be a take your complaints up a level or two.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fudnut

sorry yes its contract.

This has to be the worst handset i've had. really not happy

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

sounds like the standard N8 problem

take it to a care point and have them send it off for a warenty repair

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fudnut

I'm gettin another handset on monday. But tbh I dont want it I want another phone. My mother is very poorly & I need a phone I can rely on & the N8 aint 1. So I want another phone but in the mean time I nee this one working.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

[ Edited ]

The N8 is a fine handset and you have been unlucky from the sound of things

There is no way to get it to restart immidiatly if its the power management problem

When I had the issue I made the following observations

The phone would restart if left alone for a while

Constantly trying to restart it only increases the recovery time, (It's like there is a clock in there that wont let you boot the phone until it runs down and attempting to start before then only resets it to the beginning)

Leave the phone in a cool dry place  for at least 30 mins, better yet an hour, then try to start it

(Cooling the phone appears to improve the time taken before it boots) However do not put it in a fridge or freezer, this can lead to condensation forming inside the phone which may void the warenty

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fudnut

It was left in my hall over night which is fairly cool.

Still no joy.

It is now however vibrating like its going to power up but nothing.

Thank you for ur suggestion tho

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
synth_fg

All I can say is take it to a care point, mention that you think its the power management issue

and make sure they send it away, a reflash won't fix this problem,

should take abour 2 weeks to go away and come back

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fudnut

Sounds like my only option at the moment.

Thanks again

Please use plain text.