Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 and video update

apex13

N8 and video update

Hi to all.

I bought my Nokia N8 like 2 weeks ago and i love it alot, exept i have one problem which bother me alot and im in need of help.

I have problem with subtitles in videos which i love to watch. Ill describe what all i did and where im stuck.

My phone is up to date with PR1.1 and software is also up to date on 013.016. version tho i never got any update "Videos" 'Update (1217kb) size and i cant see it no matter what i do. All i get is that my software is up to date.

Under software update i have 3 recived updates: 1 is theme: midnight, 1 is for social networks and last one is some phone aplication update but no "videos" update. When i try to check for new updates i get message all applications are up to date.

I tried to work bit with subtitle cause i thought that update was maybe hidden in 013.016 update and i tried next:

separate folder for videos; same file names for video and subtitle; tried .sub and .srt files in all Encoding like ANSI, Unicode, UTF-8 and none of it worked.

also tried different video formats like .avi ; wmv and few others and none worked also.

also tried over 15 different videos so im 100% sure its not working.

My question is: is there posible to download "videos" update on my pc and manualy install it on my N8 phone since no update tool can see that update, not on phone or pc.

any help is welcome. ty all in advance

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kadet

I live in Russia and in my "software update" and "Nokia pc suite" is also not "Videos" update
How to solve this problem?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
hadimassa

It's advised to reset the device after a firmware update. Dial *#7370# 12345 reformat, you'll lose all data. Make a backup first and restore without the settings. Make sure your .srt file has the exact same name as the .avi file.

‡Thank you for hitting the Blue/Green Star button‡

N8-00 RM 596 V:111.030.0609; E71-1(05) RM 346 V: 500.21.009
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
kadet

[ Edited ]

I did as you wrote, but the update does not appear (((
What else can i do to solve the problem?

Please use plain text.
dtserkanozkan

I have the same problem as apex13. Is there anyone that make an advice to us please?

Please use plain text.
apex13

after nearly half year messing with this phone and subtitles im giving up. its not working.

i tried from few hard resets to going to official nokia service to try fix it and there is no solution.

i honestly feel sry i wasted my money on this phone to not recive any support.

im very sure this is my first and last nokia i will ever have.

in all my experiance with mobiles, nokia provided worst custumer support ever.

Please use plain text.