Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 freeze all the time after using it for some...

Advisor
djd2211

N8 freeze all the time after using it for some hours !!!!

Hi there hope there is a solution for the problem im facing with my nokia n8 which freeze everytime I use it for some hours. I have reset/flash it 4 times but still no result, have no warranty because Im using it about 2yrs.The phone still in mint condition never fall, screen no scratch. I was working great but suddenly got this problem. Don't want to change because really like this phone and always used nokia since the very old 3210...7110, 7250, 6600, N93(still working), N97(still working), then the N8. after looking on some discussion saw that this problem has appear after Anna update...

Can someone give a good answer for the repair:smileysad:

thanks

Jean-Denis

hope don't have hardware problem

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Re: N8 freeze all the time after using it for some hours !!!!

Hello djd22,

thank you for using the forum.

Did you try to update your phone with Nokia Belle to fix your problem?

You can try it with this link for support.

We hope it will help.

Pfrancoise

PS : if you choose to update your phone to Nokia Belle, you won't be able to downgrade to Anna.

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
djd2211

hi sorry if made a mistake last update was already Belle...and have tried to re-install belle after the post and after couples of hrs it freeze again even in offline mode....don't know what to do....just buy a nokia 101 very basic with dual sim card mode but my N8 miss me a lot...:smileysad:

thanks pfrancoise for reply

regards

Jean-denis

Please use plain text.
Sage
adg82439

Hello,

had some problems AFTER I UPDATED to mVPN45.0.3 on my C7 and N8.

If you use mVPN 45.0.3 please try to delete and install mVPN44.1.3 this works fine on my handsets.

hope it helps.

bye

Please use plain text.
Advisor
djd2211

hi thanks for the tips but what is mVPN and how should I do that ?

rgds

J.denis

Please use plain text.
Professor
hpholm

Hi Jean-Denis,

Try removing the SIM and the memory card, then test in offline mode for some hours.

Next insert only the SIM and test for some hours.

Next insert only the memory card and test for some hours.

Only if it fails without SIM and memory card, then it is probably a phone hardware failure.

Replace SIM or memory card if it fails when either one is inserted.

This is what I would do, if or when my N8 becomes unstable.

--

Hans

Please use plain text.
Advisor
djd2211

hi Hans,

thanks for the reply if you see in my first post you will see that have already done the offline test and dont use memory card  I think also its the hardware which is faulty...have tried to re-install Bell again today. just after the new installation phone was perfect and after 1 hr it freezes again...

before thinking to through it away was trying to see if there is another solution...

rgds

J.denis

Please use plain text.
kets85

URGENT HELP !!! NOKIA N8 FROZEN NOTHING IS HAPPENING

Hi there, I am using a Nokia N8.. Symbian, Last nite the screen Just Froze on its own.. i tried to power off but no response, the backlite on the screen is on and i can see my wallpaper only... no other touch options, i am waiting till the battries dies down then recharge it to see if it comes on correctly...

This is the first time its happened to me and after reading various threads, it seems that this is common problem..please let me know if there is any suitable solution to this, may be upgrading the software or sumthing.. :wacko:

Please use plain text.