Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 group text question

Registered Member
neil_robinson

N8 group text question

I finally enetered the 21st century and have upgraded from my trusty 6230i to a shiny N8.

In my 6230i regardless off how many numbers were stored for a contact under one name like:

John Smith

Home: 0123456789

Mobile: 9876543210

Work: 1029384756

I could easily choose which number would be the "default" number when sending a text.

what i would like to know is this...  Is there an option to choose a default number per contact ( i think it can be done but nothing states default as such,

and

if i have more than one mobile number under a contact name, is there a way to send texts to both numbers automatically?

The reason i'd like this option is i run a large junior football club, and sending texts to players and parents is a tedious job. i'd like to choose the specific team and know that the text went to all mobile numbers associated with each player. Or do i need to alter my whole contacts book and separate players, mums and dads into their own individual contact?

thanks Neil

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
rich

Re: N8 group text question

I've not found a way to send to multiple numbers on a text nor set a default.

However I do have a similar requirement and have multiple numbers on my contacts, I then have these people set in different groups, when I select a group or an individual it prompts me for the number to send to. (or skip if a person in a group should be missed)

Please use plain text.
pillailatak

Re: N8 group text question

Have u found the solution for setting a default number for a contact who has multiple numbers stored on N8?

Please use plain text.