Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 have a sound of "Tik" during call?

Advisor
MohamedFouad

N8 have a sound of "Tik" during call?

I got N8 and i hearing a sound like "Tik" during calls, and i tried to test it from earpiece directly anf from speaker and also from wire headset and all are same!

i changed the carrier to another carrier and it's the same.

i replaced the phone from the store with new one and i got the same in the 2nd one, today i refund my money but actually i asked for technical report and it's not clear!

please someone tell me what's wronge with N8, i waited this phone from more than 6 months and i like it but don't like this sound at all and i notice the signal of this phone is not good on 3G network from home ,work or even on street!

Is Nokia working on solve this issue or what, whould i wait to fix this hardware issue? or i waiting for another mobile like HTC HD7 or the next N9?

I don't like N9 as it'll have a keyboard and i don't like this.

Please use plain text.
Sage
Symbian_fan

Well, I'm using N8 for about there months, and I can say it has no in call quality issues, I have never experienced the problem you are talking about. Usually a tick sound in call is a privacy indicator for call recordings, did you try any call recording programs or did the other party you made the test call had call recording turned on? That is the only possibility I can think of.
Please use plain text.
8nn8

my n8 have the same problem sometimes, don't know what cause it.

Please use plain text.
Professor

Mine does too sometimes, but I guess is a network related issue no t"well handled" by the phone. I have read here and elsewere as well of other people experiencing this with N8...Not so annoying to me though....Not so annoying to me though....

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Thanks but it's for sure not a recording program.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

I changed the SIM with anotehr operator and it's the same "TIK". it's not an operator issue as i used a lot of other phones and this issue not exist even i have Nokia 5800 and no issues plus Samsung mobile on the same time and no TIK issue.

Why Nokia don't solve this issue? is it a hardware issue or software?

I guess it's a hardware issue but what's it exactly and why it's exist till now?

Any Nokia representative let us know what's this issue and when it will be solved?

the TIK sound make me angry someytimes as sometimes the sound is high and sometimes medium.

Please use plain text.
Professor

If it were a faulty unit, the probability to come across  another unit with the same bug would have been close to 0 but you got both with the tik issue, instead.

If  it were a project-firmware related issue, all other N8 owners would have reported here.

Does it happen everywhere and always, or it's a random one?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
samhancock

I get same issue. Not on every call though. Like 1 in 8. SO not that much of an issue but certainly annoying if business related call.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Dear Puasho,

I updated the software with APP 1 and phone update as i can remomber, so i had the leatest updates.

I'm not sure if it's software or hardware issue but it seems a hardware issue on antenna or something like this, Nokia care at their report wasn't clear on both mobiles, they just write, "The mobile should be replaced" but i refund on the second mobile and decided to wait and see if the issue will solved or not but acually i don't find anyone in my country said he found this issue, and it's a strange to get the same issue on the replacement as well!.

Yea this sound happended at my home, work and on street and it's random.

You may find it in the first 5 minutes of call, sometimes ater 20 min, sometimes it's distributed during the 1 hour call!

That sound was drive me crazy sometimes.

I hope someone from Nokia told us what's wrong and when this will be solved!?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Hi, Why Nokia didn't respond to us please?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Hope someone told us a solution?

Why Nokia team ignore this case!?

Is this an issue at antenna as i can see that signal is drop when catch the phone!

Please use plain text.
sarsharOVI

The same problem here

I didn't sense that problem when I bought the N8 with first firmware but after updating to 013.016 I noticed that I hear some "click" noise like sound during the conversations

I guessed it might be for some application like MCleaner but it seems you all have the same problem

Somebody care please !

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
d_u_d_e

Same problem here!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Nokia Keep silence, Really BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Lots of nokias I've had have the annoyng tick noise. It seems to be worse on the 1800mhz carriers like orange and tmobile in the UK. Tmobile was appalling, sound levels would wow and

flutter too. I've not noticed the ticking on o2 on any phone (including ones that ticked on orange) so I think it is partly carrier related and what the carrier does to cause it isn't dealt with well by nokias. The LG I had on tmobile was perfectly ok call quality wise. No ticking, no wowing and no fluttering so it is something nokia do or don't do I think.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
MohamedFouad

Do u think it's antenna related or it's software related?

It seems an Antenna as Nokia didn't fix this issue on updates or on PR 1.1.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pappu_srkr

Same problem here. What is your current situation of the problem? Any solution yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pappu_srkr

For all of you with this problem will you please post here Operator you use (Frequency) and the Country of manufacture (Phone bottom plastic part it should be written Made in ....)

This is a official Nokia forum, hope Nokia People see and read this, if so please comment or give us some information.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
myn1126

Hi all,

For assistance about any unresolved concerns on your Nokia N8, we highly recommend that you directly send or voice out your feedback directly to Nokia by contacting local Nokia Careline via phone or email by clicking on the "Contact Us" link at your local Nokia website.

Kind Regards

Please use plain text.
Contributor
pappu_srkr

Thank you for your suggestion, I have alreday done that several times, and according to them, it is rare case and they never heard of. On the nokia care report they write speaker problem once and the second time they say to change the handset. When I asked them they have no correct explanation of the problem and the cause of it.

At first I thought "I" might be the problem, and its in my head, but when I found out all these people having the same problem, I realize I am not alone.

My full story here on another thread: /t5/Nseries-and-S60-Smartphones/Nokia-N8-makes-an-annoying-crackling-click-noise/m-p/985015/highligh...

Please suggest.

Please use plain text.