Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 internet connection

Advisor
Lolopd

N8 internet connection

How do I stop my N8 from trying to connect to the net via my service provider rather than via wlan? I set it up once but my son played with my settings and I can't remember how to re-set it.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

There could be a variety of possibilities that your N8 is trying to connect with the Internet.

One is that your widgets are in "online mode". To stop your widget to go online simply

goto to your mobile's homescreen.

On the home screen--> tap on "option" and then --> tap on "WIDGETS TO OFFLINE MODE".

Please check and see if this solves your problem, otherwise I will tell you more solutions.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kamran41987

i have the same problem......my widgets are in offline mood but still my n8 tries to connect to data package other then WLAN doe to which i am loosing money..and i have one more problem that the Settings>>connectivity>settings> does not work...when i try to go there it takes me back to main menu.........please advice a solution.thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
uccfar

Soultion : Select Menu - Settings - Connectivity - Settings - Data use in home country - here u select WLAN only

Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
kamran41987

well thanks but it cannt help me as i am unable to access the setting menu in connectiivty when i try to use those options it again reverts me back to main menu.:smileysad:, very upset because of this problm in my n8.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Lolopd

Thanks for the replies. I'll ask my son who has now claimed my N8 as his own :-(  to try this and let you know the result.

Please use plain text.