Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 mic noise - both calls&video

stroodl

N8 mic noise - both calls&video

Hi,

I've got a problem with my N8. The microphone(s) records fizz both during phone calls and recording video. I've tried flashing latest SW, but it seems to be HW problem, as no SW change has helped since now.

I dont know whether "fizz" is the most suitable word, so check it out in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYMyvXvdQIs -totally quiet room

Is it possible that it is a hw problem? It just started to fizz one day, no fall, no bath. 

Thanks,

Ondra

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

Re: N8 mic noise - both calls&video

I think you are covering phone's mic with your fingers or hand while phone call or video call.....try holding your phone differently and make sure that your fingers dont cover parts of back side of your phone
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
stroodl

thanks for answer,

but that's definetly not the issue. I always look out not to touch the microphones or even touch the whole phone unnecessarily, as it would be also recorded. Just to make sure, I made a vid while the phone was standing on its top side (HDMI cover), with the same result..

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
donofworld

then i guess it is a hardware problem
send your phone to nokia care for repair
"If I'm helpful in anyway, a click of appreciation on the star button would be considered as thanks.....Current phone Nokia Lumia 920
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dering79

mine does exactly the same thing only seemed to do it after anna update. but my wifes n8 is totally quiet and has no background hiss at all. tried everything reboot, reinstall etc, etc. to no avail my only hope is the belle update might fix it. if not off to nokia it goes.

Please use plain text.
Sretiw

my also make fuzz during calls bt when u shout it appears fiant
Please use plain text.
Contributor

mine Just started doing the same, Just like that, No drop, No water. Then this Nokia phone is probably not made on good quality. I wonder if this expensive devices are fabricated to last one year of guaranty. It would not be good for Nokia, at this time, something like this in hands of the public. Bad quality products. I hope that I can take this to Nokia and that then can fix it for Me. . . Other wise I am making a couple of many angry videos about this issue. I am part of the video and picture Comunity of Nokia and everyone will know about this hard ware issue on Nokia N8 AFTER ONE YEAR OF USAGE. My youtube channel is carlodimaximus , Just ro you can see that I am all about Nokia videos and pics. Also Nokia care sucks big time here in Panama republic.
Please use plain text.