Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N8 no caller ID

Registered Member
GaryW

Re: N8 no caller ID

I have had the same problem.  It seems that if the callers number appears more than once on your phone, it will not identify the caller. In my case, I had the same number appearing for more than one contact. If the contacts number is on the SIM card and on the contacts list held in the phones memory, it will not display. The answer for me was to delete all the duplicates numbers which is a problem if two contacts share the same number! ( I also turned the phone off and back on again after I had done this). I am using the latest version of the N8's software.

I would suggest to Nokia that they should update this to display the first contact with the number that it encounters.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
potito

hello
I had the same problem and could solve it as follows (I did not have any copied contacts on both memories - phone and/or SIM!!!).
anyway:
select: contacts
then: options - settings - contacts to be displayed - phone memory after that:
standard memory - phone memory
then evthg worked wel (for in-/and out calls)
Good luck
Potito
Please use plain text.
LarNaParka

I have specific and very local solution for some people.  I live close to the border with the Irish Republic.  In RoI you can call back into N Ireland on a cheaper rate using a special prefix code (048) istead of (+44).  I had a number of contacts set up using the 048 prefix for when I was in RoI (very frequently) but the phone obviously recognised the 048 and the normal NI 028 code as the same an therefore treated them as a duplicate.  When I replaced the 048 with +44 the contact ID appeared.  Might solve the problem for some N Ireland customers.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
avalx

I post this on some other threads - maybe somebody finds this useful:

I have the same problem and it happens every time the phone hangs or crashes (unfortunately this happens quite often - Nokias are not as reliable as they used to be anymore :smileysad:).

The fastest way to resolve this for me is to restore from a backup on the memory card - ONLY the settings!! I don't know what exactly causes this but I hope Nokia support will notice this and resolve in the next release (I'm very optimistic, I know :smileywink:).

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Peeyay

I had the same problem after that I installed Real Golf & Galaxi on fire.
(software proposed by Nokia Ovi suite)

After removing them from the phone ... problem solved.

Does anyone had the same (general bug) or were those programs conflicting with another program on my phone???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
geniusking200

i have the same problemseveral times, one of them when i installed symrecorder call record program and after i uninstalled it evrything go back to normal

then it happened again but at that time i didnot which program that initiate the problem so i had to uninstall all the program installed on the memory card  and the phone came back to normal

but now  it happened again and i cant solve it

i get tired of restarting and uninstalling programs and restoring setting each moment

i think it is related to some bugs of the symbian system because i had also one of my colleagues has the same problem with e 7 mobile with same causes and same programs

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mnoman

hi everyone..

EM from pakistan, can anyone tell me is there any software which can hide the caller id or don't show my number...?

malch wrote:

My N8 was working fine but during one day it stopped giving me the name of whoever was calling me even though their details are on my phone,has anyone else come across this and does anyone know how to resolve this?

Please use plain text.