Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 phone calls problem

Professor
babis3g

N8 phone calls problem

[ Edited ]

Hi

while i got my new N8 and trying do settings around for few hours my mates told they was trying to call me

when i was aware of that, i tried to make an outgoing call from myN8 but was telling me not call allowed

then i make an incoming call to my N8 and was been diverted to answer machine while i had signo and i checked my call divert , was ok...singal ok, profile to general and not off line

this problem was on some sony ericsson models at my previous handsets

i see here in the forum that many N8 users gots few problems with the software but i guess is an early software version 011.012

but this just to bar calls is different problem now

ANYONE HAS GOT SAME PROBLEM PLEASE or is just me ,so i hope can return the N8 back?

i only just got before one day from nokia online store

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
carman58

I would suggest you contact your airtime supplier before you return the phone, just to make sure your account is set up properly, I very much doubt it's the handset, and I've had problems with Vodafone mysteriously removing services from my N97 in the past It is possible that you have a faulty handset, but this type of problem is often caused by the company who's name appears on your sim card :smileywink:

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

thanks for the suggestion

i will try that but really i dont think this is the problem

i also notice the device update is 011.012 and when i connect it to ovi suits it says 2.2.1.13 but no info of this number in the N8

is it different?thanks

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
DrTech

the 11.012 is the firmware version of your handset.
the 2.2.1.13 is the version of the Ovi software installed on your computer and normally shouldn't appear on your phone. no relation.
Please use plain text.
Professor
vvaino

Hei,

What about your SIM-card? How old is it?

-vvaino
#SwitchToLumia
Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

[ Edited ]

thanks again for the reply

yes i just notice my mistake about the versions

correct, one is the ovi the other is the phone

my sim card is old about 4 years but again i dont think that is a problem

my 5800 never ever had a problem about phone calls in the one year i had it, till yesterday i swaped for the N8

about the calls problem ... i also notice that once i rebooted, it come back to normal operation and allows me to do and receirve calls

for how long i dont know but i know some time will do it again like my old ericssons

i am thinking give it back for exchange but i have spend so much time to organise it(folders,photos etc) and also if the software has got problem on mine , may others have same problem too so may not be so good option to give it back

i also can feel a great support for it

confused.......:smileysad: ...come on nokia give an update for it

is a great handset

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eaadarsh

Hi, i am from Nepal and i also have similar problem. I just bought N8 and after few days i found that it is not receiving imcoming call from Land lines. My N8 can make calls and receive mobile calls but CANNOT receive land line imcoming call.

I know this problem is specifically related to N8 set, because i put my same sim to another moble set and it was functioning well. How should i fix this problem???

Please use plain text.
Professor
babis3g

maybe you need to check at menu>settings>calling>call barring if any settings there wrong
Please use plain text.
Contributor
eaadarsh

Call barring is not active.

Please use plain text.
rehanghafoor

Yes i have the same problem with my Nokia N8.
Please use plain text.