Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem

Advisor
pikolog

N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem

[ Edited ]

I just updated my N8 from symbian anna to belle. Everything went ok. Now I'm trying to connect to my home wifi network which has WEB security. I can connect without a problem. I mean the phone says it's connected to the network. But when I try to access a website there is only the error page. And after a minute or so the wifi connection drops out by itself. I saved the network, and there's no other destination in the settings/destinations menu. the phone is not connecting to it by itself, like it was with Anna. does anybody have the same problem? Is there a way to go back to Anna? Thanks

Please use plain text.
kingofrowing

i also have the same problem..do i have to reinstall the software? please help
Please use plain text.
elipse

me too
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bosoko2

I also have the same problem, when trying to open any page it says: "Mobile data off, no connections available".

Works with 3G, but not wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

i have same problem.....:smileysad:
I ts no good......
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kiraa64

A workaround for the problem is to manually set the ip addresses on your phone

(Menu>Settings>Connectivity>Settings>Network dest.>Access Point)

Then auto search for network and select wifi, then select your network and enter your key and select "Internet".

Then in Network Destinations select internet and then select the network you just added then the menu icon at the bottom right and select advanced settings, then go into IPv4 settings and manually set your ip address...

Keep in mind that to do this, you would have to have some basic knowledge on networking. You only need to do it once for each network.  Works for me, hopefully it does for all you as well

This is what I'll be doing until a proper fix komes out

Nokia N8
Nokia Belle v.111.030.0609
Please use plain text.

Yes, I have same problem. What do.....

Please use plain text.
hamid_2fun

I still like Nokia and my n8 but there are a lot of problems with belle.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pikolog

Hey Kiraa, how do you know your IP address? my gateway shows an inactive device and if I set that IP adress it still doesn't work.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kiraa64

[ Edited ]

Kan you access to a komputer that is konnected to the wifi?

If you do, then you kan go into the network settings and see what ip adresses the komputer is using to konnect to it.

And like I said, it would be best if you have a basic knowledge of networking in order to use that information and manually enter working ip adresses also without konflicting other konnected devices.

Nokia N8
Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

This is not the solution.Our wifi network has a DHCP automatically.....

Anna without conflicts....:-(

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Kiraa64

That is exactly what the problem is, Belle has a DHCP bug that doesn't allow it to receive settings from the network
Nokia N8
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

I'm using the WiFi with DHCP without any problems, but there is, however, a misery (bad design): the builtin browser and the builtin e-mail client cannot switch automatically to the available connections, or if more connections are available to be able to define a priority.

For the browser there is a workarond for me -- set the access point to "Ask when necessary", so it will prompt whenever you open the application. You have to know which one is turned ON (data or WiFi) and further which one is available in that area.

For the e-mail I have not found any workaround. I have to select the connection type in settings each time the access point changes, which is totally stupid (specially because I have four accounts). Given that usually e-mails are not that big, I leaved all accounts on GSM data and that's it (I have a limited data plan, but in terms of 500M, which is far enough).

Cristi

Please use plain text.
TatoArg

Do this: Menu - Settings - Connectivity - WiFi - Options - Settings - Energy saving - OFF. That is the solution to the problem of WiFi with Nokia Belle

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
bosoko2

Turning energy saving off worked for me, thank you!

But I hope they release a fix for this, as battery life is precious.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
pikolog

I tried that but it didn't help. Phone cannot receive a single bit from wifi, even though it thinks it's connected.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

Also didn´t  help..... :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pikolog

I also tried resetting to factory settings, that didn't work either. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
thewaseems

same problem on my c6-01
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
secarica

Are you sure the application's access point setting is set to the name of the (connected) wireless conection ? I know this is somewhat confusing, because the GSM data connection is called "Internet", whereas the WiFi connection should be displayed with the SSID instead.

Cristi

Please use plain text.