Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem

Advisor
mmattar

I have the same issue with being able to get the internet to work for anywhere from 30 secs to 5 mins (usually less than a minute though) and then I am still connected but it's like the internet line stopped working.

Disabling power saving and playing around with settings, re-installing software, hard reset, all didn't work for me.

It looks like we have 2 different problems here, did anyone contact support so they look into this yet?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Grazer10

I totally agree...the lack of detection, especially by email is a pain (although my remail suffered this bug in Anna also). Belle is a step back in network handling, having to manually switch between mobile and wan. how do other phone OS handle switching to wan if available?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Flavio

I have a C7 - my home wi-fi worked, the office didn't - changing setting/connectivity/wi-fi/settings/power saving/ disabled solved the problem, yet it is very annoying!

Please use plain text.
3volution91

c7 wifi

My c7 after update when I try to access wifi it says system error not being able to view networks or do anything with the wifi network ... 3g works .. But I need wifi !!! Anyone ?!

Please use plain text.
N8matus

Hi i cant acces my phone companys internet like some here have said but i can acces my wifi... why is there a diffrence that some can acces wifi and not phone company internet and some have the opposite? This is realy annoying because i only have wifi at home and i want to use my 3G internet ...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lbanias

[ Edited ]

That WIFI switch/widget put ON means that WIFI will connect to known networks or it will also search permanently for all available wifi networks ? In Anna it was clearly defined "WIFI scanning on/off"' I am not sure that leaving it ON will not search WIFI networks and drain battery when not around home/known networks. Someone here suggested turning  ON/OFF Power Saving for WIFi, so I guess that the wifi in power saving will be disconnected as long as no action is done and when is not in power saving it is in searching mode ?

Please use plain text.
TatoArg

I tried disabling power saving mode and wifi worked two days,then returned to wifi fail. I tried another solution, which is to formatthe mass memory to erase any faulty data in the update uninstalled programs, and WiFi worked again! So far is working well ...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
mmattar

How did you format the memory?

Also did all of you get JuikoSpot Light on your phones? I actually had this problem a week before belle, ever since I got it back from nokia repair it hasn't been able to use my internet at home very well. Of the things I found on the phone were JuikoSpot and some other useless apps that I didn't want, could they have messed up something in the settings?
Please use plain text.
superaxel82

Hi World, the solution is here:

1. After upgrade too Belle take you SD off

2. Make a Hard reset *#7370# en then do it and wait to himself restart

3. Check you internet 

4. make you back up restore from Ovi suite but uncheck the option for app an mobile

5. insert you SD back, and make update first wiht ovi store from phone

6. Ready Lol Enjoy Belle ..... take care World :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Advisor
pikolog

[ Edited ]

For those of us who doesn't have an SD memory?

Also I formattted the mass memory

Please use plain text.
bfg1981

Same problem here.

Can connect to home wifi but cant surf.

appreciate any help. thanks

Please use plain text.
Advisor
santanasy

Solution helps you by superaxel82 ?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadilh1

I upgraded & have installed many apps as before & it's working fine as with others. At first I didn't connect but I had changed my router to filter by mac address, once added my phone to the list it was working fine.

What apart from the lack of connection is common to those having these issue,does any type of reset make any difference?
Remember, Questions and Answers are required by this Nokia support board. It's very strict, don't complain, criticise or express opinions which does not answer question or your post could be deleted. My friendly warning.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
aadilh1

Also what routers are those using?
B,g, n?
Remember, Questions and Answers are required by this Nokia support board. It's very strict, don't complain, criticise or express opinions which does not answer question or your post could be deleted. My friendly warning.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I updated to Belle and all I had to do for wifi was to re enter the router password and everything was fine .   I was connected to internet via wifi and have not had any problem since .     You just have to make sure the wifi is ' On"     The software is better than Anna we just have to spent time to learn it ..    For example , to get to wifi, or bluetooth all you need to do is to run you finger from top to bottom and you get to the window for wifi and bluetooth and run your finger from bottom to top to close it .

With Anna, to get to bluetooth or wifi we had to go to the menu - connectivity and etc

Please use plain text.
N8matus

Hi everyone. I see some here wrote a solution for the wifi problem on symbian belle, but does anyone have a solution for problem to connect to the companys internet ( 3G ) i got problem to connect to that but connecting to wifi is fine...

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Ranjanch

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem - Possible solutions

The very first day i upgraded to Belle, i faced all the problems of not being able to connect to the internet by either 3g or Wi-Fi. Then i noticed there are no access points and those were not backed up/restored automatically by Nokia suite. The i proceeded as under :-

1. Got the setting of GPRS (3g) access points and MMS from the servise provider (MTS). got the Setting by sms and saved the settings as Default. This started my mobile data connections.

2. I had to add access points in the "Setting"> "network destination" on by one while i was in range of the wireless routers which i used.Since i used different IPs for different routers, i had to further go to advanced setting> IPv4  for each connection and set up my ip,subnetmask,default gateway and DNS addresses. This solved my problem with these SSIDs

3.Some SSIDs where DCHP was enabled and did not need any specific IP were not a problem and i only had to connect and set priority in setting>network destination>internet. No problems encountered.

4. There is a very remote possibilty that when using DCHP, sometimes the IP selected automatically has a duplicate if there are many devices connected. This may cause to Show that connection is there but internet will not work. (This happed to me with my notebook sometimes ago).

Hope this helps.

If you like the above or it solves the problem, do not forget to click on the star/Kudos :-)
Please use plain text.
fordmond

I also have the same problem, when trying to open any page it says: "Mobile data off, no connections available".

Works with 3G, but not wi-fi.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Same problem here with my E7.
Please use plain text.
N8matus

Re: N8 symbian belle wifi internet problem - Possible solutions

Hi could you explain more in details how to download the settings to get the mobileinternet to work ( 3G) because when i try to do it it says connection lost or something like that...

Please use plain text.