I have the same issue with being able to get the internet to work for anywhere from 30 secs to 5 mins (usually less than a minute though) and then I am still connected but it's like the internet line stopped working.
Disabling power saving and playing around with settings, re-installing software, hard reset, all didn't work for me.
It looks like we have 2 different problems here, did anyone contact support so they look into this yet?
I have a C7 - my home wi-fi worked, the office didn't - changing setting/connectivity/wi-fi/settings/power saving/ disabled solved the problem, yet it is very annoying!
My c7 after update when I try to access wifi it says system error not being able to view networks or do anything with the wifi network ... 3g works .. But I need wifi !!! Anyone ?!
Hi i cant acces my phone companys internet like some here have said but i can acces my wifi... why is there a diffrence that some can acces wifi and not phone company internet and some have the opposite? This is realy annoying because i only have wifi at home and i want to use my 3G internet ...
2012-02-11 19:40 - edited 2012-02-11 19:48
That WIFI switch/widget put ON means that WIFI will connect to known networks or it will also search permanently for all available wifi networks ? In Anna it was clearly defined "WIFI scanning on/off"' I am not sure that leaving it ON will not search WIFI networks and drain battery when not around home/known networks. Someone here suggested turning ON/OFF Power Saving for WIFi, so I guess that the wifi in power saving will be disconnected as long as no action is done and when is not in power saving it is in searching mode ?
I tried disabling power saving mode and wifi worked two days,then returned to wifi fail. I tried another solution, which is to formatthe mass memory to erase any faulty data in the update uninstalled programs, and WiFi worked again! So far is working well ...
Hi World, the solution is here:
1. After upgrade too Belle take you SD off
2. Make a Hard reset *#7370# en then do it and wait to himself restart
3. Check you internet
4. make you back up restore from Ovi suite but uncheck the option for app an mobile
5. insert you SD back, and make update first wiht ovi store from phone
6. Ready Lol Enjoy Belle ..... take care World
I updated to Belle and all I had to do for wifi was to re enter the router password and everything was fine . I was connected to internet via wifi and have not had any problem since . You just have to make sure the wifi is ' On" The software is better than Anna we just have to spent time to learn it .. For example , to get to wifi, or bluetooth all you need to do is to run you finger from top to bottom and you get to the window for wifi and bluetooth and run your finger from bottom to top to close it .
With Anna, to get to bluetooth or wifi we had to go to the menu - connectivity and etc
Hi everyone. I see some here wrote a solution for the wifi problem on symbian belle, but does anyone have a solution for problem to connect to the companys internet ( 3G ) i got problem to connect to that but connecting to wifi is fine...
The very first day i upgraded to Belle, i faced all the problems of not being able to connect to the internet by either 3g or Wi-Fi. Then i noticed there are no access points and those were not backed up/restored automatically by Nokia suite. The i proceeded as under :-
1. Got the setting of GPRS (3g) access points and MMS from the servise provider (MTS). got the Setting by sms and saved the settings as Default. This started my mobile data connections.
2. I had to add access points in the "Setting"> "network destination" on by one while i was in range of the wireless routers which i used.Since i used different IPs for different routers, i had to further go to advanced setting> IPv4 for each connection and set up my ip,subnetmask,default gateway and DNS addresses. This solved my problem with these SSIDs
3.Some SSIDs where DCHP was enabled and did not need any specific IP were not a problem and i only had to connect and set priority in setting>network destination>internet. No problems encountered.
4. There is a very remote possibilty that when using DCHP, sometimes the IP selected automatically has a duplicate if there are many devices connected. This may cause to Show that connection is there but internet will not work. (This happed to me with my notebook sometimes ago).
Hope this helps.
I also have the same problem, when trying to open any page it says: "Mobile data off, no connections available".
Works with 3G, but not wi-fi.
Hi could you explain more in details how to download the settings to get the mobileinternet to work ( 3G) because when i try to do it it says connection lost or something like that...