Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N82 Restarting, plz plz help me asap.

Contributor
MrN82

N82 Restarting, plz plz help me asap.

Dear frnds,
            I'm a N82 user & its my pleasure to be counted among the N82 owners. But now-a-days my phone is giving me troubles.:smileysad: Its restarting again & again after 10-20-30 mins. Now I'm not using memory card. No music,video,games,applications r there in my phone. I have formatted(using *#7370# as well as using *,3,green button technique) my phone. I did not have any bluetooth excange with any other mobile. I don't use internet in my mobile. So there should not be any virus. But today while listening to FM radio my phone restarted after 20 mins. Sometimes while accepting a call,sometimes while capturing a snap, sometimes while changing any settings my phone goes on restarting after 10-20-30 mins. I already brought my phone to NOKIA CARE but they r just formatting the phone & asking me to check. Temporarily it works fine & again its giving probs. Its already in its warranty period.

I'm just feeling depressed & helpless.:smileysad: What may be the problem? Is it the problem of mother board,or os, or firmware? It should be mentioned that I tried to update my phone firmware. In 1st attempt it showed an error & asked me to open the battery & again mount it. Then it was successful. Now I'm using V31 firmware.

So frnds if you plz suggest me anything I will be grateful to you. Thanks in advance.:smileyhappy:
                                                                    -Rahul(India).

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Try it with charger on and see if its not a battery problem,

I have a couple of opinions on this,

The battery lifetime has gone and needs to be replaced,

You may have bent the battery pins.

Might be the system module problem

Have you replaced the battery cover lately...?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

I have bought it on 27 Dec, 2008. Just 11 months ago.

Still now I'm using the same battery.

The battery pins is seeming to be okay.

Battery cover means? Phone's back cover. If yes then I haven't replaced it.

I am also thinking of system module problem.

So what do u suggest? I'm already in my warranty period.

Thnx for ur reply.

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Hold on...

I remember something that happened to my old phone, it was suspected to moisture and had damaged the internal module, thus causing it to restart all the time, and the buttons getting jammed,

Has your phone been in moisture

or

have you checked that the on/off button isn't jammed

------

If you still cannot see the problem i advice you to go back to the place of purchase or to the nearest nokia centre

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

No no....it was never been in moisture. Though I captured some snaps in sea. But that was almost 5 months ago.

The switchs are working fine.

But may be the power switch is jammed. Sometimes when I press it a lil bit....then it does not start so easily. First a dim light appears. It remains for 1-2 min....then nokia logo appears. But its too less frequent.

The local NOKIA CARE ppls r not ready to accept that it has some internal probs. On the other hand they are also not able to solve it by their own. Don't know what should I do? Should I force them to send it to head quarters? or anything else?

Plz reply. Thnx.

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Okay do this thing to ensure its a power button problem,

Turn it on,

DON'T do anything wait a while,

Press a button, after a bit does it turn off, if so its a powerbutton problem

---------------

If turns off straight away after its turned on its definetly a problem with the system module,

-----------

If it is a system module problem the only thing you can do is...:

Trade-in

Take it to a nokia centre

Or go to the place of purchase,

THESE ARE THE ONLY OPTIONS,

there is nothing else i can do...

Kudos me pweez

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

I've just submitted the phone to NOKIA CARE. They will return it in15 days(as they said).

Will shortly tell u if it is okay or not after above mentioned days.

Thnx for ur answer frnd.:smileyhappy:

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Can i hav kudos,
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

asking for kudos is not adviseable

i had same trouble with my n82 sent it back 5 times then i got a replacement phone as there was no n82 nokias left in ireland

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

thnx for sharing same type of prob....

when u faced the prob were u in ur warranty period? what phone did they offered u as replacement?

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

I've got back my phone almost after 1 month. Its okay now. Though I haven't loaded anything yet & memory card is not inserted. But normal calls,msgs, camera r okay & its not restarting now. I asked the nokia care guys what did the do with my phone. But they replied they can't say it & asked me to checkif it is okay or not. :smileytongue:What can I do then! I checked & was happy to get it back. Now have to check it fully after loading it upto its neck.:smileyhappy:

And one thing I must share is that the nokia care guys used my phone for some days. :smileymad:I discovered it as there was some contacts saved in phone memory. :smileyvery-happy:

Anyway thanks for repairing it properly. :smileywink:

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
gadget_lover

my beloved n82 restarts by itself thrice a week.. sometimes twice a day, and even if a message comes and even sometimes i'm in a middle of replying on a text message. sometimes, even if it is in standby mode, it restarts on his own.:smileysad: It hasn't been dropped, put it in a dusty area, leave on a very hot and cold temperature.. and other things how you can take care of your phone, I'm following it. it also runs in v31. i am a gadget freak and a gadget lover and for me, each gadget is like a child and must be treated as such... that's why I can't think of anything that will cause that glitch... I've read all the n82 problems in most of this forums but i never saw a problem like this... an 14 month old nokia n82 which restarted itself without doing anything. so can anyone of you can give me an answers regarding this problem? thank you so much and God bless us all.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

I'm again having the problem.

One day I loaded some video in it. Now I left it as it is. After sometimes I found it hanged. I pressed unlock. It got restarted. Then the continues. I formatted(both soft & hard) it. No soln.

I brought it to NOKIA CARE. As the warranty period was over they told they can solve it with Rs.500. They tried & told they can't & I was suggested to bring it to a better NOKIA CARE.

I brought. They r claiming Rs.1800(estimate).

So I searched for some unofficial repairing stores. I found one. It claimed Rs.1200 & told me the Power IC need to be replaced. After sometime they returned it to me & said that they need to keep it for at least 1week. Then they can solve it. I thought they r not getting the prob & using my phone as guinea pig. So I told them not to do anything.

Now I am helpless. Don't know what to do now! Should I go for NOKIA CARES with almost Rs.2000 or any other option is there??? Is it at all going to be solved???

Thnx in advance.

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

Oh one more thing I forgot to say. Now its not even starting. When I press the power on/off button only a dim light appears & then goes out.:smileysad:

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Sage

[ Edited ]

MrN82

I would take it to the Nokia Centre and show them that you have been having the same problem since well before it was out of warranty.  (Assuming you have still got the paperwork for the reapir, take it with you).  The phone has obviously had the problem for a long time and has not been fixed correctly. You should not have to pay anything for a problem that existed for so long, especially when it was originally taken to Nokia within its warranty period.  I would not be worried that they had used the phone, after all, how else can they test it fully?

Try to be reasonable with the guys at the repair centre - they are likely to be more understanding if you are seen to be being reasonable.

They will probably have to return it to Nokia.  My local centre had to do this with my N82 (not the same problem) and eventually I got a brand new N82

So, to summarise: Return it to Nokia and insist they fix it without charge because the problem is the same as it always has been and it was not fixed by them originally (even though you thought it had been). 

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MrN82

pretty good idea. I will try it & give the feedback here.

Till then if anybody have some more ideas feel free to share here. Thnx.

ภ๏кเค๒ยŦŦ
Please use plain text.
Sage

Good Luck.  I look forward to hearing how to get on!

History: Always Nokia since 1994 including Nokia 2140, 7110e, 6150, 6210, 6310i, 6230i, N82
Current: Nokia N8 (Anna - I have no intention of going to Belle) - and delighted with it!
Please use plain text.