Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N82' SAR Information

Mobile Guru
friedbrains

i know very well that we are bombarded with radio waves all around us, however most of these radiating bodies are nowhere near us and not something you press on your ear...

SAR on phones are for me a personal choice, i simply choose to have a phone that has a lower SAR, coz id would rather play safe coz its my health anyway...
Please use plain text.
Contributor

An for those of you who think that this is a user to user forum and we only should use the "Contact us" tab to contact Nokia about anything, I will answer to you that concerning the issue of the SAR revision for the N82, the answer from Nokia that I got was something like:

"All Nokia phones' SAR are normal and comply with E.U. standards".

No clues about the recent revision of N82's SAR.
Why did they provide the 0.62W/Kg in the first place???

Do you want an answer? I will answer to this:
THEY GAVE US A FALSE SAR VALUE SO THAT WE ALL GO AND BUY THE MIGHTY N82, NOT KNOWING THAT THE DEVICE WAS TO BE FRYING OUR BRAINS.

Well, goodbye and good luck dear Nokia._
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

:squint::squint:
See folks, this is the effect that too much radiation has on you. :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

28-May-2008 10:44 AM
psychomania wrote:
:squint::squint:
See folks, this is the effect that too much radiation has on you. :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah right, nice answer, you can check your bank account now.
You offer really great services to your boss. :smileywink:

Message Edited by cyclops_2008 on 28-May-2008 10:58 AM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

What has my boss got to do with it? Wow your brain really is messed up by all that extra radiation :smileyvery-happy:

Have you considered wearing a foil hat to protect yourself?

Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

28-May-2008 11:03 AM
psychomania wrote:
What has my boss got to do with it? Wow your brain really is messed up by all that extra radiation :smileyvery-happy:

Have you considered wearing a foil hat to protect yourself?

There is no point in going on with this conversation.
You know very well what I mean when I refer to your boss.
Your boss is the owner of this webpage (does the name Nokia ring any bells???). :smileywink:

Being sarcastic doesn't mean you're so cool.
The only thing you achieve by this is to fool yourself.

End of story._

p.s.: the protective foil shown in the picture is made by Nokia??? In that case, thanks but no thanks. :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by cyclops_2008 on 28-May-2008 12:30 PM
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You are obviously confused or have radiation sickness. I don't work for nokia.

If I did I wouldn't be allowed to laugh at you. :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Sage
leonwu2705

Putting foil on does seem to be a good idea but is there proof that it works? I've only noticed it works with alien signals but I'm not sure about SAR. Could you give me a link to the page that sells it?
That's right people, I'm back. Where have I been? I have been getting a life, away from this electric madness.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Are you sure it's blocking out those alien signals? I have my doubts :smileywink: :smileyvery-happy:

I've found an Australian supplier for you.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
friedbrains

well, i would like to receive alien signals, can i have an antenna that i could attach to my phones... :smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

This is borderline flaming I would say :smileywink:

But very entertaining... :smileytongue:

The Standard for SAR is very clear, must be below whatever value.

If you are worried about SAR, DO NOT USE A CELL PHONE. Also don't go near a radio tower or walk close to people carrying one.

Better yet, build yourself a Faraday cage, bury it a few hundred meters below ground and live there. No Specific Absorption Rate concerns. Just don't use any electronic device inside the cage as this will defeat the purpose of it.
:smileywink:

All kidding aside, if you are worried then just don't use the phone and just use a landline.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
Please, quit provoking and fooling around with SAR emissions, it is a very serious matter among some of the mobile users, so fooling them won’t help, contrary will make people who bought this device for it’s (once) low SAR emission furious against Nokia, while feeling betrayed.

So in other words, posts against the people who complain about this new SAR will backfires damaging NOKIA reputation –even if you find them “entertaining” ;-)

Message Edited by directx on 28-May-2008 09:17 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Those of you, who doubt the relevance of SAR values, please move your comments to another / new discussion thread titled “Are SAR values relevant?” or similar. If you didn’t get it yet, the topic for this discussion thread is “N82' SAR Information”. I request all to focus on this topic only.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Even if the revised SAR value (1.35) is also under the legal limit, the sneaky change by Nokia in Issue 4 is still a matter of concern.

If the phone manufacturers had their way, they would only but a single one-line statement on the product "This product's SAR value is below the ICNIRP / FCC limit.". This is not in the best interest of the consumer.

The phone manufacturers want consumers to believe anything below the legal is one and the same. But this is NOT so.

Why do you think the law requires phone suppliers to disclose the actual SAR value and not just make a one-line statement on compliance?

But now this law needs to be further strengthened so that a phone's SAR value can NOT be sneakily revised a few months after its launch.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

The initially reported 0.62 SAR value (in Issue 1-3 of the user guide) may have been:

1. A misprint. It amounts to gross negligence, something that is not befitting of a brand like Nokia. If it was indeed a misprint, why has not Nokia apologized yet?

OR

2. It might have been purposely misquoted i.e. deception. There are legal implications here and the FCC / ICNIRP may decide to take action. Why haven't they acted yet?

Either way, I will now hesitate to accept at face value any statement of safety, features, etc. made by Nokia.

Either way, Nokia needs to do, at least, two things:

1. 'Publicly' apologize for it. With a multi-billion dollar advertising & PR budget, it should not be very difficult for them (if they have the will and own up responsibility)

2. Offer existing N82 (RM-313) owners (who bought on the basis of 0.62 SAR value) an option to replace their phone with another of their low-SAR models.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Total overreaction, this is exactly why I laugh at SAR fanatics like you.

There is no reason to deceive anyone, it was a simple mistake. They've never covered up the SAR values of other devices like the E51 or N78, so why lie about the N82's?

Why wasn't the mistake spotted sooner? Well the simple fact is that not many people care about SAR and would never think of checking it.

Your solutions are also ridiculous, they don't need to happen and never will as it's SAR value is still well below the legal limit.

The only options you have is to start a lawsuit against nokia, sell your phone and switch brands or just get over it.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

29-May-2008 08:23 AM
psychomania wrote:
Total overreaction, this is exactly why I laugh at SAR fanatics like you.

Laugh is something bidirectional. You laugh at me, I laugh at you.

psychomania wrote:
There is no reason to deceive anyone, it was a simple mistake. They've never covered up the SAR values of other devices like the E51 or N78, so why lie about the N82's?

If Nokia had no reason to deceive anyone, then why did they do so????

psychomania wrote:
Why wasn't the mistake spotted sooner? Well the simple fact is that not many people care about SAR and would never think of checking it.

Talking about "ridiculous" and "ridiculousness"...

psychomania wrote:
Your solutions are also ridiculous, they don't need to happen and never will as it's SAR value is still well below the legal limit.

That seems to me like an official Nokia announcement.
Allright, I think we all get your point. :smileywink:

psychomania wrote:
The only options you have is [...] switch brands [...].

Really good advice, I think I'll stick to that. I guess there are other products in other brands as well... Thanks anyway. :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by cyclops_2008 on 29-May-2008 11:54 AM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I'm sure that my N82 has a low SAR value,its signal sucks!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
papiloti

Recognizing any dangerous impact of SAR on health or not we have to admit that publishing very low SAR value is powerful (false, as it appeared) marketing argument.

Personally, I am not so naive to imagine that such a mistake (typo?) could happen just as simple as that in world's biggest mobile manufacturer...

I hope that someone at Nokia will be worrying about this particular mistake and class action law is coming to my mind.
Nokia N82: V20.0.062
PowerBook: Mac OS X 10.4.11
Please use plain text.