Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N85 - Themepackage.mbm files of the themes ins...

Sage
alsiladka

N85 Issues & Feedback

[ Edited ]
Issue: N85 Log shows a mobile icon for every call, even telephone nos in contacts

Man, the N85 is plagued with a hell lot of bugs!! I just noticed this one today.

If this bug exists in your phone too, please drop a post and let nokia know.

Even if you save a number in a contact as a telephone number, if you call up that number and then check the log, all the calls display a mobile icon, instead of a telephone icon for telephone numbers.

FW v.11

Moderator's note: Subject changed.

Message Edited by concordia on 21-Dec-2008 04:45 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

N85 phone memory reducing by the day

Okay, this is one issue i am not able to pin point to any app.

I faced this problem two weeks into using the phone. The phone memory reduced to unaccountable levels. I decided to restore the factory settings and format the phone.

New start. 77MB free space.

Started installing apps. Installed games and themes on the memory card. Installed a few apps on the phone memory. I remember having around 50MB free.

Two days down the line, after installing and uninstalling Nokia Messaging, Installing Image Exchange with 97 shared images, installing System Seven with 3 email accounts configured.

I checked the phone memory, down to 38. I don't think my actions could account for 12MB worth data!

The next day, i check the free space, it is down to 30MB!! Now there is something wrong. I did not install more than 4MB worth apps in that day!

I kept System Seven on, and kept checking the phone memory over 4 hours. I saw it come down to 25MB. I paused and closed System Seven. Phone memory came back to 30MB.

My Phone Memory stats read -
Memory in Use - 56MB
Free Memroy - 29MB
Calendar - 40KB
Contacts - 242KB
Messages - 29KB
Images - 0KB
Sound Files - 0KB
Video Files - 0KB
Documents - 21KB
MIDP apps - 227KB
SIS Apps - 15MB
Other files - 41MB (What is this 41MB!!)

Can anyone throw any light?
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

N85 - Music Library reset after ever restart. Needs to be refreshed to detect songs.

Again a new issue faced after upgrading to FW11.

My music library is reset after every restart. The library reverts back to 0 songs. I have to refresh the library before i can start listening to the songs!!

If you face this problem, please post and let nokia know.
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

N85 - App. Mngr promts to delete two files if you delete a file from the installation files

This is a wierd issue.

If you have some files listed in the installation files section in App. Mgr., press the c key and select yes to delete the file. As soon as the app. mgr is done deleting the file and refreshing the list, it will prompt you to delete the next file in the list too!!

Can you confirm the issue?
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

N85 - Themepackage.mbm files of the themes installed on memory card show up in the Photos

How come nokia got it so messed up this time!

Most of my installed themes on the memory card show up in the photos app as themepackage filename with a series of images included in the theme like the wallpaper etc showing up as if it is a slideshow.

How can these files be hidden?
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

N85 - Why is the memory card icon displayed all the time?

I fail to understand the logic behind this decision by nokia for the FP2 phones.

They supply a memory card in the box with nearly all their FP2 phones. So one can take it for granted that atleast 95% of their users would be using the memory card all the time.
In such a case, displaying a memory card icon all the time makes no sense.
On user on symbian-freak suggested that this might be as a security notification that when the icon is missing, it means the memory card is not in the phone.

But instead of displaying the icon all the time, would it not have been better if they displayed the icon only when there was no memory card inserted. A new icon not present everytime would definitely catch the users attention.

As of now, it is only an irritating icon on my phone screen all the time.
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
concordia

Re: N85 - Why is the memory card icon displayed all the time?

Moderator's note: I have moved the multiple separate posts and joined them together in one thread.

~*~ New to Nokia Support Discussions? ~*~

You may want to have a look at the guidelines!

Please use plain text.

This N85 & N96 has so many bugs.really feeling tired......
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Yes too much bugs:
- Sometimes bluetooh does not works with my tomto 930 (my old n95 works well)
- Sometimes does not recognized the number of a phone that is a contact
- Sometimes the auto key lock feature when closing the slide does not work
- The left selection key makes a lot noise a don't work many times. And my local Nokia Care point says that is not included in warranty!

I think is enough. I don't think is right to waste 500€ here in Europe in a phone just for working as beta teste of Nokia. And have to deal Nokia "un"care service!

I give it up.
By Nokia
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This is my first nokia since 3310, and I'm not happy at all. The n85 is by far overrated. Maybe I got the worst one in the batch.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mauron85

Re: N85 Issues & Feedback

The most annoying bug for me is freezing of music player. Specially when using FM broadcast. I really hate that I have to remove battery everytime it happens (and it happens quite often). Nokia should fix it ASAP. I can send them my mp3 collection if it helps them to identify problem. I saw some other guys complaining about this too, but I wonder why not all of you N85 owners. Then it look like it's minor issue, but for me it's major.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
mauron85

New bug found.
Phone restarts when trying to connect to ad-hoc wireless network protected by AES-WPA2 (ad-hoc network created in Windows Vista Home Premium).
Please use plain text.
Sage
reaz33

I big problem about earpiece. Second time I sent that to nokia care.
N8,N97,N96,N86,N95 8GB,N85,5800,N79,N918GB,N82, N81, N93, N80, N73ME, N70, 6680, 6600,5320,5130,7610,7650,,SIE SX1...................
Please use plain text.
Advisor
_xy_

Re: N85 - Themepackage.mbm files of the themes installed on memory card show up in the Photos

Even my friend bought N85 and same problem persist within that too...
At first I was unable to uninstal the themes but after Google I found a way to delete the themes from N85 but when I went to Gallary I found themepack in it as a slide show...

So far, havent found any solution to remove them but to format the memory card on the cost of loosing other data.

I someone have any idea to share it and inform Nokia about this bug...

Thank You..!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N85 - Themepackage.mbm files of the themes installed on memory card show up in the Photos

ok the preinstalled themes you can't do anything with. meaning you can not remove those. all the other themes you should be able to remove by going into the
applications- app manager - installed apps. and remove whatever theme you like. that is how i remove my themes and have no issue doing so.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Before i reformat a memory card i save all the info on the card to a file on my PC (I named the file Mem Card Backup). After the reformat you can then transfer the data back from the PC to the mem card. You could also back upthe enties device through PC Suite or Ovi suite.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
_xy_

[ Edited ]
Dear Radical24,

I have installed themes in memory card. And when I was trying to uninstall the theme I found no option in Application manager for that theme...even I neither found that theme in Application Manager.

Though I was able to delete the theme using other way like, connect the cell using Mass Storage and stuff like that. After deleting the theme, using above way, when I went to the gallery I found themepackage.mbm in gallery with slideshow and am still unable to remove them.

Can you tell me if I have done something unusal...or this has something with this firmware?

ThankYou!

:smileyhappy:

Message Edited by _xy_ on 03-Jan-2009 06:37 PM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I heard that thay will release a big update soon. When is that coming?
Please use plain text.
Sage
alsiladka

Man there are so many more issues with the N85!

After playing on Ngage for hours and hours, i have noticed that the keypad holding with the Menu / C keys is slightly coming off!

My Phone memory keeps reducing without any reason! It is down to 11MB - 18MB mark now!

Ngage has not been optimized for Feature Pack 2 yet!! One major issue with ngage is that you cannot type using T9 while chatting with your friends. If you try to switch through the possible wors using the star key, the pre-FP2 symbols dialouge shows up!

After update 11, the keypad lights do not light up most of the time! The lights are off for no reason! Even when i am using the device.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

This is what Nokia Care is saying about the N85 issues:

The statements at the forum are from end users and has not been substantiated. Currently there are no reports similar cases at our NCC or updates of any manufacturing issue on the Nokia N85.

I urge all N85 owners to write in to Nokia as it is obvious from all the posts that I am not the only N85 user with so many issues with the phone.
Please use plain text.