Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N85 problems

Sage
darren2190

N85 problems

[ Edited ]
I juz brought a n85. Sometimes it will black out and come back on it own.

I try format my phone n memory card, problems still the same.

Hope it is firmware problems. Nokia go go go.

Btw dun like 'my video' to come together with ringtone n image. Quite lag in this way.

Somemore ringtone area haven have the feature to search by name.

Message Edited by darren2190 on 18-Oct-2008 01:39 PM
Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the "Kudos!" star. Thank you!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hm, after extensive tesing for some hours, my N85 never rebooted by its own.
For me, the firmware seems to be stable so far.
Please use plain text.
Sage
darren2190

So i got a defect phone? hai~~
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

18-Oct-2008 09:01 AM
screener wrote:
Hm, after extensive tesing for some hours, my N85 never rebooted by its own.
For me, the firmware seems to be stable so far.

Are you enjoying this phone? Is it true it feels cheap and loose?
Please use plain text.

I have had a N85 for 2 Days and i have noticed that it did seem to "reboot" itself twice. Both times it was while it was plugged & charging via the USB lead.

Re Build quality, I have no problems with it. The slider is very solid if maybe a little stiff when sliding open the media keys on the top. The screen is a bit of a fingerprint magnet but does look very nice.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
nino18

I have the same problem!
I just bought the n85 yesterday and it keeps rebooting itself everytime i use it!
Does anybody know how to fix this
Please use plain text.

a question off topic.. i saw some sample pictures of the n82 and the dual led flash is underpowered. is it possible to get a few night snapshots by some n85 users
Please use plain text.
Sage
darren2190

[ Edited ]
Ya, when using usb connection. It reboot.

Got ppl havin the same problems, cool. Meaning software issue. Hope nokia release fast.

The music speaker is sound lousy. I prefer n95 8gb speaker.

Message Edited by darren2190 on 25-Oct-2008 07:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

mine been ok since friday morning?? never disconnected from usb charger lol

not had any probs except cant use nokia content copier?

Ade
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Hi Guys..
Have any of you guys encounter that your n85 not able to sync?
Mine got such problem. It always drop the connection in the mist of sync...
Any solution guys>?

thxs in advance
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arde4

Hi

Anybody tried this N85 with Nokias bluetooth HF? I have BH-700 earphone and its not working properly. When calling it rattles, and sounds metallic/loud. BT connection also cuts and reconnects often somtimes constantly. -> Same BH-700 works fine with my spare pohone 6230i. Is bluetooth chip defective, or is this some kind of software problem?? Both supports Bluetooth 2.0 EDR in paper...
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

[ Edited ]
Well.. I use a BH-500 stereo BT. The volume output on this phone is awefulll through the wired stereo headsets and just the same with wireless sets. You're right though, concerning BT connection loss and such. Even with connecting to a computer (windows/Mac) .. One minute the phone is there and the other minute.. POOOOOF! Disappears back and forth.
Does your log delete when you restart your phone?
How about equilizer resetting itself to default sometimes?
Only thing good compared to an n82 I have, is talk time. Nothing else better here to me. Just the screen to go along with the battery.
I hope something is done soon. especially to the super grainy camera (auto mode) and the dead low music player (through Headsets).
Prod. Code: 0561234 (No where in Nokia's site or NSU)
Firmware v 10.045
custom v 10.045.53.1 dated 10-09-2008
Is that september or october??
oh yeah,almost forgot. Made in CHINA!
Peace.

Message Edited by moee on 27-Oct-2008 01:36 AM
Does Nokia have product Beta-Testing nowadays?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
arde4

Hi

Thanks Sage. So Im not alone with this bluetooth problem. My phone is made in Finland but same firmware numbers. Production code is 0560500. Tools/Log does not delete even when battery removed. Once EQ was changed to default, but Im not sure was battery remowed in between. Soundlevel with headphones is here also unnecessary low. N85 camera is great for its size, but its no match for real deal. Pictures are good, but theres is allways some noise. I usually resize pictures to smaller for better viewing.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

well Hey.. The best of luck to us 85 users!
I really do like this a lot and cancelled out a couple of other choices that I hear are trouble free so far. You know how it is. Anyway.. I renwed the phone to see this log deletion problem and it's still the same. soft, hard and full resets. different mem cards and formated the original 8GB that comes with it. still the same. But.. I lost the n-Gage application!
can't download it from anywhere. anyway.. the best of it for us.
Peace.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Auto lock bug
If you turn on the auto lock feature, after reboot, the keybord turn off after 5 sec. despite the energy setting is for e.g. 30 seconds.
Speakers seems noisy.
If you set keyboard tones to 3, go to stby screen, hold a number key to produce the tone, you can hear an interference in sound by rotating the phone or pulling the slide up and bottom.
Video Recording Level
If you record a video in complete silence and review it at 100% volume, it's sound is very very noisy.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

Hi,

I also got rebooted for several times in the first day, but it is very stable now.

Please tell me if you got a noisy earpiece when calling someone and the other phone is ringing?

I have to set the earpiece volume to 2 lines at most in order to be able to keep the device next to my ear. Also, the earpiece seems to get very noisy and distorted when you call someone.

When connected to a bluetooth device, the sound is ok. Also, there is no problem when switching to phone's speaker.

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

Mine is starting to restart. 7 or 8 times from 6am to 1pm today.

I have a profile set to vibrate only for any notification, calls, sms, etc. The vibrate does not work. made new profiles and such and whatever YOU could do. Nothing.left the batter out the phone for a good while and then it worked. Got the problem again today and left it out for 5 minutes. everytime I switch the vibrate only profile, I have to do this. four times today.

I don't understand this log deletion still.

How come when I write a message that is more than 5 messages in one "concatenated" (or something, forgot the word).. it switches from a regular SMS to a multimedia message..? What if the person I'm sending a message to does not have MMS. Can't it be a regular SMS if I pass 5 messages in one? This is plain retar...ion. Fix this Nokia.
In fact, I send these messages out the country I'm in and I know the recieving don't have MMS. I send messages in batches of 5 in one which is f. (messed up).

How can this device take over the old N95's duties and be a best seller or whatever?

Read my previous post on the headset volume, plain useless.

I bought this phone on the 19th of Oct. for AED.2,720.00 which is (EUR. 555)
The 21st it dropped to AED. 2,295. (EUR. 468)
The 23rd it dropped to AED. 1,999. (EUR. 407)
Today It's going for AED. 1,725. (EUR. 352)
Hmm.. How come the regular N95 sells for (AED.1,675) then?
And how come samsung's innov8 is still selling at AED.3,650. (USD. 1,000.00) Tsk Tsk Tsk..

I don't mean to be a jerk (althought Most of the "Guru" people here think so), but I really look forward to a fix on all this. With the dead slow "new" FP2 gallery and Multimedia side of this N85.
Is it just me or something here out of you 85 users?
I mean.. Mine is chinese made. (Only Chinese in Dubai). with the 7th and 8th digit of the serial number being "02" which I saw in some website and points out that those two digits show or tell which country it's really made in. UAE, which is where I am and it could be true, behind the EUR. 200 drop in ten days. Now that's a Lot.
Then again, maybe I have a lot of free time on my hands to type all this.
Anyway.. I had the FM transmitter on in the car, just trying it out. It went into sleep mode. music still playing (transmitted) in the car. I open the media keys to skip around a playlist and the thing restarts! I said WHAT?
So I leave it to go about its business and restart and try it again, waiting for it to happen again.. Guess what.. Transmittt, sleep, media keys, restart!
(lots of free time).. So I try again. Tsk.. same k-wrap.
garbbed it, took my sim out and threw it somewhere in the back of the car. Heard a loud bang. At least that was satisfying! It's been somewhere back there for 12-13 hours and it's like a relief. No headaches or disappointments.

Anyway. I'm sure I'll post more later on this. and I'm dropping this same post in another subject in this forum.
Peace.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

Seems there are some serious issues with this device.

Today I also had some headache with mine; I only recharged it 2 times in its lifetime and today it suddenly dropped the battery from full to one bar as I was looking at it.

The next minute it shut down. Got to mention that all day I was using it in power saving mode, with moderation and almost one hour got it charging via USB. It's made in Finland, any importance that had.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

Issues.. Lots of'em..
Had music playing on headphones just now. Plugged wall charger and the music application froze. tried again.. unplug, play, plug, music freezes.
There you go Nokia..
Peace
Please use plain text.