Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N85 problems

Counsellor
moee

When in web browser.. there is NO back function. both soft keys say (left) options and (right) cancel instead of back. hah..
anyway.. some hope here.. (getting frustrated)(loyal to nokia)
N85 prod. code 0561234 (made in china) finally recognized in the NSU today.
Hopefully an update is coming. and I'll say another thing.. it's going to decide if I stick with nokia or dump them after all these years. (11 of them).
I should have when the Dubai market started bringing chinese made nokias in.. But I have some loyalty left. I'll see what this firmware will do.
peace..
Does Nokia have product Beta-Testing nowadays?
Please use plain text.
Contributor
onutz

5 reboots today when connected to USB cable / charger.
Please use plain text.

30-Oct-2008 02:57 PM
onutz wrote:
5 reboots today when connected to USB cable / charger.

Hello there,

rebooting all day, during charging, during sync, in most cases during media playback (not allways, can´t figure out why), after fast typing... sometimes it only freezes, most times it boots up (without asking security-pin, thank god).

Don´t know, why the invisible Wifi is not recognized like on the E51, internet can´t link to it, Mail works fine...

Could be a very nice device, give us a new firmware!!!

My Version is: Rm 333, Software: 10.045 in a special version (???): 10.045.238.1 Date 08.10.08

Any ideas!

Greets
Jörg
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

Yeah.. Hook me up too Nokia..
Rm-333
software ver: 10.045
custom ver: 10.045.53.2
dated 10-09-08
And... Made in China!
Language set: 022

Peace
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

[ Edited ]
Maps?
well.
My chinese 85 gives me my position and navigates and yada yada yada.. the way it's suppose to. But this is only for the 1st time I use it. Meaning, say the phone was off. I turn it on, those guys shake hands and ok. I open up maps.. some 30 second wait on a GPS signal, ok. Navigate somewhere or just see my position to save or whatever. Now I finish using maps. close maps. An hour or less later, I grab my phone to see where I am. wait 1 minute, nothing. 2 minutes, no lock.. 3,5,10 minutes. Nothin again. So I open up "GPS data" and I have like eleven full bars of satelite signals or something. So I say.. what the #$%^? i got all these signals and altitudes and speeds and accuracies workin, but "maps" won't highlite my position. So I leave GPS data running and I close maps. to re-open again and it still won't give me my position on a map. So I'm actually depending on this thing to get me to a bus station in Dubai and it won't budge. After about 40 minutes of being lost ((although I've been living for ten years in SHJ. (18KM) from Dubai)), I turn the 85 off and switch back on.. wait for it to shake hands and open up maps and boom.. signal right away and position. So Isaid, I'll exit maps and try it again. hmm.. same thing! I started saying, I hope somebody really up there IN nokia goes through the same thing and gets somebody to do something about this handset! It's rediculous in a way. I started regreting not getting the n96/e90 and most of all.. That other killer symbian device made by those famous guys who make big flat LCD televisions and other electronics. Something "innovate"ive.. I'm gonna miss the OLED screen on this one though. that's if.. what ever firmware thrown the n85 way does:
-Low headphones volume, no use. (anybody know anything on the claimed somewhere 24-bit DSP) true, false?
-dumb phone restarts.
-slow (dead slow) gallery. FP2's gallery is plain silly.
-this new GPS thing I found out..
-the web browser doesn't have a "back" soft key action.
-If the camera module is the same as the 95 family, fix up the processing. make it do what the 95s 0r 82s do, concerning pic quality..
DON'T change the ASR calibration. DON'T!
It's like false advertisment or something, this 85 ain't doing half what it's suppose to right. it's like Nokia cancelled out beta testers and just unleashes products to the market just like.. that!
Anyway.. any "beta testers" who actually paid for this out there that would like some kind of support?
Somebody tell me to shut it and say that mine is defective and screwweed up please!
FFffffffffffffff..
Peace
Oh yeah.. its AED. 1,650 today. that's like EUR.330 or something. it's gotta be fake!
Prod. code 0561234
and it's NOT recognized in the NSU today. Hah!
later..

Message Edited by moee on 01-Nov-2008 01:24 AM

Message Edited by moee on 01-Nov-2008 01:26 AM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

One restart.. weew!
Please use plain text.
Sage
darren2190

Mine n85 reboots 4 times while charging using the ac adapter. Angry.
Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the "Kudos!" star. Thank you!!!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

22-Oct-2008 06:04 PM
babelfish wrote:
I have had a N85 for 2 Days and i have noticed that it did seem to "reboot" itself twice. Both times it was while it was plugged & charging via the USB lead.

Mine does the same.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

I think i can cope with the restarts forever with this n85, but i can't go along with is..
1. security code to actually turn on my number, i removed the security code.
2. the darn thing keeps deleting my darn communications log. all dialed, missed, sms and just all of it.
twice today and no NSU recognition again.

How is this suppose to take over the N95's sales and whatever they call it..?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

Now what?
Please use plain text.

jep, anybody out there?

No reaction on all the questions?

By the way, my browser has got a damn back button, my GPS works fine (allways, except during reboot...) but:

- try to select offline-profile, funny thing that "Can´t switch to offline mode"??? In fact, it can´t and therefore it doesn´t switch online either after that.
- Carrier signal is strong, tried to call myself (yes, it seems like paranoia, and yes, I used a cable phone just to be sure it works...) no one at home, I went on my mailbox with my phone - switched on - in front of me.
- Trying to call someone ends with "Connection error" in first attemp, second try works
- "No Service" output on carrier-commands like switching SIM-Card in SMS-status on "*222#" (German T-Mobile)

At first, I thought the phone part was fine, but now...

Greets
Jörg
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

You know what.. I thought I was sick in the head.. But I have the same problem. This carrier signal is bull. My phone is off when I try from landlines. When I dial numbers fast I always and everytime get a connection error message at first attempts and goes fine after that. Now nobody tell the carrier here is trash.. UAE Etisalat is preeetttty strong.(Google them). Anyways Anyways.. I'm gettin really sick of this n85. It's just a mess. Nokia's are dying out or something.. Man, it blows! I've been on my less sophisticated (I assume) N91-2 since yesterday and everything is going as "planned". No disruptive crack errors and shtuff. The simplest mess ups in the 85 are just retarted for such a "Multi-media computer".. yeah.. that's dead slow in "Photos/Gallery". Where's the "multi-media" in that??
Anyways, again.. THANK YOU Nokia for such "wonderfulll" talk-time and the "OLED" screen on the N85. And nothing else! Just battery and screen!
Peace
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

I'm sorry Nokia, It's just I haven't been so disappointed by the N series like this before.
Please use plain text.

yeah, and disappointment still growing.

No reaction? No sorry, but we deal with it?

Hmph!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

Ooooohh.. lookie what I found..

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8434_Dont_use_the_general_public_as.php

I should jump in that forum thingie down there and say what I want, the way I would and should.
And.. I think I'll become a "Mobile Guru" in this forum with complaint posts. Hmm.. I'll try to whine as much as I can. But now, I dumped the 85 in my closet somewhere like I said earlier. Anyways.. check out the Guinea pig thing in all about symbian.
Truly Nokia, but why?
Peace
Please use plain text.

hi

Just to let you know i had the same problem with my N85 re booting and i have just managed to pinpoint the problem.

It is the 8gb micro sd card that is faulty.
When i take it out of the phone it works fine( has done for an hour or so)
when it is inserted (even after formatting it) within a few mins the phone reboots.
Will be taking the phone back to the shop tomorrow.
if they replace the memory card then all is good otherwise i will be asking for a full refund.

I have also tried another 128mb sd card in the phone and it works fine without rebooting.

please let me know if this solves anybody elses rebooting woes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

10-Nov-2008 11:41 PM
jh787 wrote:
It is the 8gb micro sd card that is faulty.

When I first read this I was pretty sceptical. However, the day before you posted this I just happened to have replaced my original 8Gb MicroSDHC card with a new 16Gb one and so far no reboots with the new card despite several hours connected via USB! Fingers crossed that it continues.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

12-Nov-2008 10:55 PM
kamho wrote:

Fingers crossed that it continues.

Drat! It rebooted 40 minutes later.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
sapporobaby

10-Nov-2008 03:29 AM
moee wrote:
Ooooohh.. lookie what I found..

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/8434_Dont_use_the_general_public_as.php

I should jump in that forum thingie down there and say what I want, the way I would and should.
And.. I think I'll become a "Mobile Guru" in this forum with complaint posts. Hmm.. I'll try to whine as much as I can. But now, I dumped the 85 in my closet somewhere like I said earlier. Anyways.. check out the Guinea pig thing in all about symbian.
Truly Nokia, but why?
Peace

The last thing you will be in this forum is a Mobile Guru because:

a. The mods will rightfully eventually shut you down. If you have complaints, you are invited to do what many of us have done, and that is to contact Nokia.

b. The N85 is a brand new, BRAND NEW phone, without one single update. So before you attain troll status, which you are well on your way, you might want to wait and see what happens after the update comes out. You are not the only one that is having a problem. I have a Finnish made N85 and have not had one single reboot, but I have had other issues that are easily fixed with an update.

c. The N96 initially had problems that were for the most part corrected after the 2 updates that were issued. So once again, you are screaming and whining and gaining less and less credibility with each and every post. If Nokia does not fix the N85 with the first update, I will be the first in line to complain but until then I have to wait just like you.

Now a bit of education. Name one, just one phone that has been released without any problems. Just one. I have an iPhone that is still not right after 2 upgrades. You have the option of going back to non OS based phones or to act like an adult and wait until Nokia issues an update.

By the way Steve Litchfield is a known complainer. He gets paid to be critical, and by all means if that is more to your liking join AAS and complain over there.

Show the KUDOS button some love.... Hit that bad boy.... It don't hurt....

Apple iPhone 5,
Retina MacBook Pro, iPad Mini, Nikon D4

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
moee

[ Edited ]
Hey "saporro.." I mean ZERO.
Post something according to the subject at hand or scoot over somewhere else. This is a "Forum Nokia". Not "forum zero".

Excuse me everybody, I'm going off course on the subject here.

Still @ that 0 here..
Here, everybody has the right to say whatever they please as long as they.. Why should I tell you. You agreed when you signed up here.
I may even have a bigger "right" to be here more than you.
Look up this number. 2000524382. It's my "club nokia" member's number. I'm not losing all those numbers for a zero!
I'm not gonna insult you or even try to in nice thick to swallow words for you.
Just be a good boy or girl and try to stick to the subjects you enter to post in and don't go around in this forum telling people what to do. Just be polite and tell them to re-read the regulations of this forum and tell them please, like a good boy/girl and believe me. You'll get what you sought after right there and then. Have a good day/night "saporrobaby"
Peace out "Forum Nokia".

p.s. Nokia, excuse me on my previous post. I listened to that private message from that mod. It was "off topic".
L8R 4 now.

Message Edited by moee on 19-Nov-2008 08:29 AM
Please use plain text.