Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N86, trying to flush Rogers protected settings fro...

Advisor
sschriber

N86, trying to flush Rogers protected settings from Network Destinations

Recently purchased N86 from Best Buy.  It was advertised as unlocked.  Dropped my At&T sim card and it successfully link to voice network.  I "debranded" to flush out the Rogers stuff and was pretty much successful until I started setting up data access.  In Network Destinations/Internet,  Rogers streaming and Rogers email are still there and are apparently protected as I cannot delete them and the popup says "unable to edit protected settings".

The set priority option is still available but it doesn't work/won't save so I can't move them out of the way.

There is also another protected entry under MMS named "media" I do not know if it is protected or not... 

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to purge these protected settings?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Tremor

Re: N86, trying to flush Rogers protected settings from Network Destinations

After I debranded my Rogers N86 I did a hard reset by pressing *#7370# and that took care of it.

Please use plain text.