Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 Offline Problem

Registered Member
Accepted Solution

N95 Offline Problem

I recently purchased an N95. This morning, it went into Offline mode and when I went into Profiles to amend this, whenever I tried to activate another mode it gives me a message " Insert SIM Card "

I removed the battery and re-inserted the SIM card twice, but to no avail.

Can anyone help?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N95 Offline Problem

*#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)
Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list.
*#7370# - Reformat your phone

This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working. Turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button.
re-flash - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen.

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service.

try the last 2 codes, take out your memory card, keep your sim in and see if this helps with your phones behavior. make sure you back up your phone if possible, or perhaps you have a back up as you will lose data.

is your sim card new or old? if old it also might be wise to update your sim card. perhaps your provider could have had issues but that is to be explored if your phone does not reste. i am not sure if you will be able use the code sicne your phone is having issues with sim but try that and then try the last option.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

Thanks, have done a test using a mate's phone - the problem is the SIM card which is very old. So, good spot, mate!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

hey i am glad that you found the reason, hopefully your worries are over now. good luck, rad.
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.