Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 Screen Problem

N95 Screen Problem

I've had my N95 now since the end of September, but have run into a problem today.

I was using my phone last night without any problems at all. This morning though, the screen is Black. You can tell the back light comes on, and occationally the screen will work, but generally, the screen will not display anything.

When the screen does work, when using the navigation keys the screen corrupts, changes colour, occationally freezes for a second or two.

The phone is still working in the sense that I can receive and make calls, but cannot see anything on the screen.

Any ideas what could be causing this?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: N95 Screen Problem

Has it been bumped in your pocket or dropped?

It sounds like the screen is damaged or it has developed a fault.

You chould visit a care point for a repair.

Care points:

UK
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006

Europe:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379

Elsewhere:
http://www.nokia.com and select your country.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

You might get it to a nokia care pont.
Before that check if you have the latest SW installed in your phone by*#0000#.
Latest is 12.00.013.

Care points:

UK
http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4228006

Europe:
http://europe.nokia.com/A4388379

Elsewhere:
http://www.nokia.com and select your country
Please use plain text.

I would check the firmware, which I updated about 2 weeks ago, but the screen is now permenently black.

I may well take it to the nearest nokia care point tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

I think then; you have the latest update. So, stepping to a nokia care should be better off.
Please use plain text.

I did drop the phone a couple of days ago, and it has been fine since, not even a scratch on it (I dropped it onto the carpet!)
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
korngear

17-Oct-200708:43 PM
andynetwork wrote:
I did drop the phone a couple of days ago, and it has been fine since, not even a scratch on it (I dropped it onto the carpet!)

That is nothing.:smileyvery-happy:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

i have the same problem. i got mine in aug. and friday all of a sudden the screen started to act up.. and now it continuosly keeps going black.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Like people said, something in the slidding mechanism may be wrong or in the display connector.

Take your device to a Nokia Care Center.

(in English to drop also means to leave or "to take and leave", so to "drop your device in a Care center" means to take the device and leave it there for repair and not to physically drop it)

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

Well dropping on a carpet is enough to shake up the flexi cable connecting your display to the main unit, seems like a minor problem that should not take the care centre long to fix.
Please use plain text.
Sage
aanu77

there was a problem with the display issues but since u dropped a couple of times the display must have become faulty.u can take it 2 nsc and that it
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Hi i have started to experience the same problem recently, and i have found(on the internet) that many others share the same problem, infact you tube has videos of people complaining about the same thing.
I took my phone to the Nokia Care but they insist it wont be covered under warranty and it is moisture damage, i havent used the phone in any extreme condition, but they do not agree to bear the cost under warranty.
If there are so many people with the same problem, it could be a design defect by Nokia, which they are not considering. I have spent a huge amount buying the phone and now within 4 months i have to spend more, which i find ridiculous. The Nokia customer care are adamant and wont change their stand. There has to be a way that consumers can get through to them if they are wrong. And if you dont believe me just google N95 screen problems/issues etc and see how many suffer from this.
Please use plain text.

Well, I used Repair By Freepost (See: http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4222229 ). I sent it off on the 22nd of October, and received it back today, all fixed, software upgraded, and cleaned.

Took a couple of minutes to restore my data from the card I had backed it up to, and now I am back up and running again.

I cannot find any reason to fault this repair process.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

We dont have the freepost option in India and i am stuck. Its not that i have an issue with paying the repair cost, its just that many with the same problem have been attended to by Nokia for free and Nokia India wont listen to reason.
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

Normal screen problems are generall covered under warranty, but yours is moisture damaged and that is not covered. Appears your screen problem is different from what others face.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

The moisture gets into the phone easily cause, the slider is not well built and the sides of the screen area have large panel gaps, there are a lot of videos and links where you can see the lcd light leaking from the side. This coupled with a fact that India is a hot and humid country, its easier to get moisture damaged. In one of the threads a guy from delhi, had a moisture damage leading to the screen malfunction within a week of buying the phone. The build issue is something Nokia should be responsible for
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

I guess as the model does not have a display protective casing and lcd exposed,it could be more prone as compared to other models.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

So what is the solution. Do i have to pay for the new lcd connector strip?
Please use plain text.
Sage
cns18

If moisture damage is the case i am afraid so.Did you check with your local Nokia Care?
Please use plain text.
Sage
aanu77

if u see this particular model does not have a protective covering making the lcd exposed.there were problem with the make which nokia has found a solution but as ur case is moisture damaged i am afraid but u have to pay
Please use plain text.