Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N95 camera light staying on!!

Contributor

N95 camera light staying on!!

Not sure if Im in the correct section for this post? anyway..

I got a N95 8GB and up until about 2 hours ago no probs with it!!

Pulled the phone out of my pocket and the camera light on the back was lit up, never seen this before!!
Slid the phone open and screen was black but the buttons were lit up, so phone was still on.
Turned phone on and off about 3 times and screen came back to normal but camera light still on.
Phone works fine apart from I cannot turn this camera light off, as soon as I put the battery in the phone the light turns on!!!!

Any ideas what this can be?
Please use plain text.
Sage
tobbykhan

Re: N95 camera light staying on!!

well this calls for a nokia care line expert.

have you tried putting yr mobile off without the battery for about 15 minutes. try after that and inform pls.
What's Worth Doing, Is Worth Doing Well!

All "N-series" are incredible!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Wow, that's weird, mine has done the same thing and about the same time !!

Any one else???

Any fixes.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Had my battery out for an hour now. Same.
Please use plain text.
Sage
tobbykhan

try reinstalling the firmware with nokia software updater and inform
What's Worth Doing, Is Worth Doing Well!

All "N-series" are incredible!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Light is still on :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Ye updated to the latest firmware last night off the nokia website..
Took it to work today, took it apart and it looks like it has come in contact with water/liquid!!
So thouroghly cleaned it with IPA and stuck it in our industrial oven for 3 hours at 45c to dry it out, turned it on and the light is off but the screen is dark and cannot see anything on it at all!!!!

It has been working intermitently for about 2 hours through the day....

Im lost without my phone..

It powers on when pressed ON, I can make phone calls by inputing the number and pressing the green button, but still no screen!!

Any ideas??
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Sorry, should have said I'd updated my firmware but the light is still on.

Phone works fine otherwise . . . will not try baking it though - even if it does put the light out - YIKES.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I just ordered a new N95 with phone insurance I never knew I has : )

Just 1 question, I want to keep all my phone book and images,music etc....so if I back up all whats on my current N95 with PC suite, can I then leave that info on PCs uite and then restore that info onto the new N95 when I receive it tomorrow?
Please use plain text.

Hi,

I have an N82 and have the same red-light problem. I had the battery out for the entire night and my phon ewas freezing **bleep** well and I had to keep switching on and off, the following day after the second attempt, it was fine, now today the light's back on and the battery's flat!

Please help - firmware? What is it and where can I find it??!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Firmware is the software in your phone...it keeps getting updated so you may need to download the latest version for your phone?
You can find it on this nokia site, somewhere in the software section, not sure exactly where, just have a nose about and you'll find it..
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Here is the link for your N82 software update http://www.nokia.co.uk/A4777088
Be sure to back up your data, i.e. pics, music, phone book etc.....It's straight forward and tells you exactly what to do on the link...
Please use plain text.

Thanks! Will try it and see what happens...!
Please use plain text.

The bloody light is still on. Perhaps if I throw it against the wall...
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

yup mines done the exact same thing
phone outta jeans
light wont go off..
didnt have a prob with the screen though
and i dont fancy taking it apart,
its bout 3 months old is it wrth gettin it sent to nokia?
n just how quick will the battery drain now?
i mean will it last a day?
Please use plain text.

I spoke to my service provider and it sounds like the phone has a virus which only they can fix otherwise if I download anything from the internet the warranty voids...good luck. What a pain.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Mine is still on.

Virus excuse sounds a bit like Bull to me. Mine come on as soon as the battery is fitted. Can't see a virus doing that?

Mine lasts a day or so with fairly heavy usage.

Comes in quite handy now I'm used to it! LOL.
Please use plain text.

[ Edited ]
I've had my N78 for 3 months and it just started the light-stuck-on thing. :smileysad: I'm sure this is going to run the battery down fast. I wonder if it happened because the phone was bumped against something when it was in my pocket? It looks like it would be really hard to take this phone apart. This is going to drain the battery fast, I'm sure. :smileysad: I hope someone can share some info on how to solve this problem.

Message Edited by swaine7 on 03-Dec-2008 03:46 AM
Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

This has happened to me twice.  This time I had my phone in my foulies and it rained all day, I am pretty sure its a moistrue thing.

http://www.mackconsult.com/
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I have confirmed this.  I took the battery out and let it sit out overnight in the house.  This morning I put the battery in and charged it for a while and no more "light on" condition on the back of the phone.

http://www.mackconsult.com/
Please use plain text.