Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N95 screen grayed out

Counsellor

N95 screen grayed out

I have n95 all of a sadden the screen grayed out . I can bearly read it . is there a way to bring it back to its brightness.

I tis not wet or dropped . it just happened. please help me

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

Even though that sounds like a hardware and not a software problem, have you tried reinstalling or updating your phone´s FW?

If you already tried that, there is nothing you can do by yourself without voiding the phone´s warranty.

I recommend you to give it to a Nokia Care Center, they certainly know how to fix the phone. :smileyhappy: 

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I have no warnty on this phone. I updated the FW last year. i dont't mind to re-install the FW if it helps. Do you thing soft /hard rest would help? or update FW. please help

Please use plain text.
Mobile Visionary
illinjah

I don´t think it is very probable but there is no reason why you shouldn´t try.

Make sure you back up your data with Content Copier within PC Suite before you update.

Good luck and let us know if thie helped! :smileyhappy: 

By clicking the "Kudos!" or the "Solution?" button on the right you can say "Thank You" and you´ll show the author and others that the post is useful.

The day we stop improving is the day we stop being good.

Please use plain text.