Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N96 such a disappointment

Contributor

I beg to differ, you should'nt have to close functions to get the battery to last for an acceptable amount of time.
The problems i have mentioned are also unacceptable, i have posted these before, but i have some to add....

1) Crashing after phone idle.
2) Crashing during phone use.
3) No handset speaker on calls, usually corrected through restart.
4) Lag on SE DS2200 bluetooth headphones every 10 seconds for a 1 second.
5) Inability to close music player.

All of these problems have contributed to an extremly poor mobile experience.

The latest problems is that i cannot even see the screen. When you turn on the phone, the light on the keypad comes on but that is it.

The phone is now going back and i will never buy into Nokia's hype again.
Please use plain text.

I have just joined this site just so i can agree about how poor the N96 is. Mine crashes when i get a text message. The battery life is under 12 hours and thats with everything turned off. This has to be the worst phone i haave ever owned.
I had the N95 8gb before this and was excited about the N96. Wish i had stuck with the 95.
The camera is not as good as the N95 8gb.
The speakers on the N96 are awful compared the N95 8gb. Everything is slow whether dialling or just going through the menu. As for the internet i cant even hear a video on youtube. Yes im stuck with it for 17 months!
Nokia really have lost the plot with this phone. Have seen the N97 is coming soon, will proceed with caution before purchasing one.
Have people returned their phones to shops with regard to battery life? What other options do i have? Is a high capacity battery off ebay any good?
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

Before you upgraded to the N96 did you do your research? IE: read the online manual, the quickstart guide, faq's, forums etc. If you had done your research, as I have, then like me you probably would not have bought the N96. You should always do your reseach before buying any electronic gadgetry. If you did not do your research, then you only have yourself to blame.
Please use plain text.

I admit i only did a little research as i thought the N96 would be better than the N95 8gb. How wrong i was.

Why didnt nokia use the same battery as the n95 8gb, that would last for days, with moderate use.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

Yes, I agree the speakers sound tinny, I have the lastest updates that did improve the sound but after playing with all the setting my old 1 speaker Nokia 6280 still sounds better!
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

carlbob2009 wrote:
I admit i only did a little research as i thought the N96 would be better than the N95 8gb. How wrong i was.

Well if you bought a phone without doing research how stupid are you. You said "you thought the N96 would be better". Well it does not pay to think. There is no substitute for research. No point in blaming Nokia for you own stupidity and complete lack of commonsense. Purhaps you will learn your lesson. BEFORE BUYING ANY PRODUCT ALWAYS DO YOUR RESEARCH.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

im sorry but telling someone to do their research before buyin a product dosnt cut much ice with me SURELY the emphasis should be on the manufacturer to produce a product fit for purpose and the n96 falls well below that x it has been advertised as a premium grade mobile phone yet it was released onto the market so bug ridden i bet 85% of n96 buyers worldwide STILL are not able to use all its functions because of said bugs
Please use plain text.
Professor
bazyeo

I do not agree with you horndog. I was thinking of getting an N96 when it was first released in Australia. But after doing my research I decided against it. The reason being the adverse comments on various forums about this phone. If you wish to purchase any product without doing research and are then not happy with that product do not blame the manufacturer. You only have yourself to blame. Yes I agree Nokia should have done a better job with this phone. However, if you bought the phone on Nokia's name and reputation then fool you. Even car manufacturers put out "lemons" from time to time. Would you buy a new car without doing research and having a test drive. I certainly would not. I think commonsense and a little bit of intelligence is needed here.
As we say here in Australia - You cannot legislate against stupidity.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
howiepearson

[ Edited ]
Mine is absolutley terrible.

It is so slow
Camera is poor
The radio cuts out after 10 seconds
If you slide it in another direction it takes about minute to work again

I have firmware 11.018 and is the latest - I'm hoping there will be another one soon

Message Edited by howiepearson on 04-Jan-2009 10:21 PM
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I also had a N96

This phone is not working

I changed for another brand and never more I will buy nokia

Never more nokia
Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

03-Jan-2009 07:42 PM
n1cster wrote:

4) Lag on SE DS2200 bluetooth headphones every 10 seconds for a 1 second.

If it helps solve one of your problems I had same issue with N95 8GB and discovered it was animated screensaver causing it, switched to time/date screensaver and music streamed fine. Just an idea.
Please use plain text.
Professor
ricksvill

Well I love mine.
V12 firmware made a big difference but I will say is handsets are not for everyone, that’s why there are so many on the market. If you don’t like the N96, get another.
N96-1 + 8G SD~Software Version 30.033~Software Version Date 18-06-09~Type RM-247~P/C 0543713~T Mobile UK
Please use plain text.