Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 - Constantly blinking MSG icon

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

N97 - Constantly blinking MSG icon

[ Edited ]
1st off I can’t upgrade to V11 of the firmware. I have V10 still. (It says that is the newest version when I try to update from PC or from phone)

2nd I tried reinstalling. I tried deleting ALL sms, g-mail, exchange, AND system messages + all calendar appointments.

When I get a new e-mail the mail icon appears and when I read the message the icon disappear as it should.

HOWEVER the sms message icon NEVER disappears no matter what. It’s constantly blinking as if I had unread message’s. Does anyone know if this problem and even better, how to solve it?

Ps. Do anyone know of a MSN / Skype application that support showing new messages on the front (home) page?

Message Edited by koldtoft on 24-Jul-2009 11:28 AM
Replaced my buggy Nokia N97 with a HTC Hero.
Besides the camera and the real keyboard the HTC Hero pawned the N97 on every level.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

it is probably your sim messages that need to be erased, you can do that by going to :

Menu > Messaging > Options > Sim Messages

delete all sim messages and your issue should be solved

you can try

www.nimbuzz.com

www.fring.com

www.palringo.com

i am not sure if they notify you on the home screen but give them a go and see if any fit your needs 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

OMG Thank you..  If I was gay I would tottaly be in love with you now :smileyhappy:

KUDOS  :smileyhappy:

Replaced my buggy Nokia N97 with a HTC Hero.
Besides the camera and the real keyboard the HTC Hero pawned the N97 on every level.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

LOL you are very welcome, radical is a WOMAN :smileywink: so no worries .............glad you got it sorted out 
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.

Thanks! I needed this. The blinking icon was driving me crazy.
Please use plain text.
Dillzio

Thanks for the tip, it helped me out too :-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Cmh_6362

Hello I had the same blinking message icon on the top of my phone for the longest time and it was the most annoying thing I have ever had on my phone. I tried every thing resetting my phone deleting every thing out of my phone but still nothing, then I seen this ad thing and tried it and deleted on message out of my sim messages and it quit blinking. Thank you so much. It was a great help. You are amazing!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

give the rad a kudos LOL

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
DDAM

Thanks, the msg flashing icon was very irritating for while now, got solved
Please use plain text.