Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 Internet-based apps don't work, but network is...

N97 Internet-based apps don't work, but network is live

I just got my N97 yesterday, and I'm quite happy with its feature set, but I've developed a problem. My phone was fully operational out-of-the box, but I made the foolish decision to upgrade the OS to the latest version, and now web-based apps will not stay open.  The front page widgets can't connect to the network, and when I open the browser, the app opens, tries to start loading my homepage and then closes immediately. Facebook app does the same thing. I know I have a working data connection as I am able to download emails with the messaging client and the maps client is able to stream map data, but anything that uses the browser won't load. I've tried this with the AT&T connection and with several WiFi connections to no avail. 
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
el_loco

Re: N97 Internet-based apps don't work, but network is live

I too had this problem and I had to restore factory settings and start over. This wipes all your settings, contents, etc. but fixed this problem.

640K Should be enough for everybody
El_Loco Nokia Video Blog
Please use plain text.