Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 Mini Charger Problem

Advisor
Kevin_C

N97 Mini Charger Problem

Hi there,

I want to know if anyone else have the same problem as I?

I bought the phone about 3 weeks now, and been through all the crashes, frustrations and pulling my hair out. I am pretty much over that stage already.

But here comes my next problem that is very close for me to actually throw it out of my apartment.

The phone charger that comes with the phone DOESN'T WORK!

It never worked from the start, and I had to use the USB charger from my computer to N97 Mini.

Okay, so that may be a solution. However, I am travelling abroad for a conference soon. How am I suppose to bring my computer along with USB charger and everything if I was to travel light -___-

For those people who is going ot suggest, try and plug the USB charger to other computer. Here is the problem. I've tried my entire office computers after office hour. ONLY 1 computer manage to charge for 1 hr before it 'automatically' disconnects. The rest only recognize the PC suit and Mass memory... but NOT the charging *arghhhhh*

Any solutions?

Please use plain text.
massica

Re: N97 Mini Charger Problem

Hi

Do you installed PC Suite or OVI Suite on you notebook or PC.

This software install also the driver for charging via USB. Without this

driver the phone would not charge.

greetings

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Micke_Nygard

The obvious "solution" to the charger problem is: "Take it back to the shop for replacement!".

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Kevin_C

@ Messica: Yup, I've installed the two aforementioned programs. But still doesn't charge!

What i've found is that the the Ampere in the charger is slightly lower than the battery. For that, it doesn't really recognize it properly.

Yeah I think I will get a replacement or buy a third party charger.

Thanks for the suggestions guys~

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kie2000

you can buy a charger like mine when i lost my n97 mini charger all you do is get a port thing where you insert your computer cable into a usb port thing then at the end there is a port where there is to put it in the eletric look at the picture attached.

Please use plain text.