Hi, try this method, this one worked for me, and made the WSOD problem slightly more tolerable:
Seriously, Nokia really have to sort out this WSOD problem. All other problems I can still tolerate, but this one I absolutely cannot. All the hard-resetting made my blood boil.
2010-01-13 18:59 - edited 2010-01-13 19:04
The n97 is completly unuseable i have to do the hard reset at least every couple of days,
After hard resetting th ephone will take a while to boot it will appear it's still stuck at the nokia screen but it isn't, make sure the sim card and memory card aren't insurted, and when the phone does power on, go to the file manager then E drive, and re format it.
I found a quick work around to the dreaded WSOD on the N97 without having to use a power supply.
1. Remove the battery from the N97
2. Put battery back into the N97.
3. Switch the N97 on.
4. Remove the batttery again as soon as the screen turns white.
5. Put the battery battery back in.
6. Switch back on - wait for a minute or two and hey presto it will come back to life!
Stoopid phone?!! ;0)