Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97: code 0575400 = firmware 12.2.024 - Why on...

Contributor

Re: N97: code 0575400 = firmware 12.2.024 - Why only this code is still on back level ?

This is just typical. I have received similar communications. Funny thing however Nokia tells me my countries provider needs to approve it.

When contacting the provider they tell me they have no idea what Nokia is on about. 

If these phones are that different they should give it another name like N97 Beta or N97a, N97b, etc. 

Best option I suggest though: N97 UCC (Under Constant Construction) 

Please use plain text.
Contributor

Re: N97: code 0575400 = firmware 12.2.024 - Why only this code is still on back level ?

Latest available software for  Nokia N97, product code 0586701
Version:  12.0.026
Compare numbers
If this version is greater than your current software version, update now to get the latest features, applications and improvements. 
Please use plain text.
ehi09

Please are there any users in Germany with the same problems or who have already updated? my phone really has no problems and I really don't care abt the software or firmware version. it does not freeze although sometimes it goes off without my knowing but generally i am happy with it. I just want the free Navigation thats all.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
pspezone

Guys ,I also have the same problem with product code 0586199 (malaysian version ) but not only the firmware is delayed but there I miss lot of new software updates available via SW update option , Please visit this link and share if you have same problems ,let us tell Nokia what is going on : http://www.symbiandreams.com/nokia-phones/nokia-nseries/nokia-n97s/why-all-this-ignorance-for-n97-pr...

Things we are missing are like OVI frww maps,Memory Reogranizer etc..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member

For those that are wondering to update to v21 of the N97 software, I recommend them not to waste any second more. 

I updated my device last Monday and I found only one advantage and lots of disadvantages...

Advantage (is more like half advantage...): Kinetic scroll. Of course that touch sensibility is not at smooth as an Iphone and when entering the menus you should wait like a second for the memory to allow the kinetic scrolling.

Disadvantages:

- The music player lost it "search" option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe it.

- The phone continues being slow because it has not enough ram memory (DESING FAILURE)

- Still lot of applications installed on the main memory and not enough space for cache and operating stuff.

I am really disappointed of my n97..The second disappointment after purchasing (the first one was unavailability of updating to v20)

Regards,

Martin

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Martincabera8,

My issue is not wheather want to update, it is 'when will the update be available?'. While everybody is talking about v21, even the v20 not yet out and no news for mine!!

::truemax

Please use plain text.
ShaunSw

[ Edited ]

Gents I've been having the same issue as all of you.

I cannot upgrade to firmaware 2.1 because of my product code, the reason I wanted to do this was because Maps V2.02 wouldn't recognize my license (brand new phone). Nokia support told me I needed v2.03, however you need firmware 2 or higher to use Maps 2.03. I tried to install 2.03 on my old firmware 12.x.x. - This still didn't work as intended.

I then took my phone dopwn the road to the Nokia dealer.

Explained Maps wasn't working, the agent told me to run the latest version, and I told him I couldn't because I didn't have the latest firmware and couldn't upgrade using Nokia's tool as it said no upgrade available... so.... he booked it in and currently upgrading to Version 21.xx.x and installing the latest version of maps (2.03). The reason I took it there is because I found another post with someone saying thats what they had done.

I suggest taking it to Nokia itself and not the Service Providers or agents, and you'll be sorted.

PS, I'm in South Africa so I hope the same applies at other Nokia stores.

Also another thing, they are replacing my back cover (lens cover) and GPS module as this has a known issue (I had to ask them about it first, they then agreed to that as well)

Hope this helps u gents

Please use plain text.