Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 is not automatically connect to my wifi ne...

Contributor
hede99

N97 is not automatically connect to my wifi network

Hi

I have a Nokia N97, which having a mobile Internet connection, which I only want to use when I'm not near my different wifi network.

But it does not connect automatically, and it always selects my mobile connection, why?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

Re: N97 is not automatically connect to my wifi network

[ Edited ]

you need to set priority points and tell your phone what you want it to do and how

settings - connectivity - desitnations- click on the connction and select organize - change priority 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hede99

Many thanks. I try. How about automatic connection to my wifi

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

once you have it set with priority points it will select one with priority one and move down. i have no issues in my house for my n97 to select wifi before any other connection due to how i have priority set up. once you get this done it should detect it right away once you enter your wifi zone
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hede99

Thanks - I try straight. Something completely different, I use Mail for Exchange version 2.9, but does not appear it can read HTML mail. Something you know nothing about.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

nope don't use it and am not very familiar with it, try to post
it in this section someone will be more likely to assist you with this particular issue, sorry mate
/t5/Messaging-Email-and-Browsing/bd-p/messaging
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zain126

thanks!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lakshman2410

hey there... i tried to set the priority as you had mentioned but still keeps connecting through my data bearer which is GPRS and that costs me...   I have the GPRS set to 2 and the Wifi as 1.. checked all settings and all good... pwd check and name,, all good..  i manually connect it and after a while it drops out and the GPRS comes in again... grrr... am like 2 feet away from the router,, haaalllpppp... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

Which app keeps connecting through GPRS ?

Please use plain text.
Sage
peterh338

you need to set priority points and tell your phone what you want it to do and how

settings - connectivity - desitnations- click on the connction and select organize - change priority 

That doesn't actually work. The phone changes the order of connections according to which one most recently worked.

I've had the latest (Belle) Nokias for a year or two and have never found a way to force only-wifi or only-3G etc - other than with apps specifically written to prompt you for the currently available options as e.g. Opera Mobile or Profimail do.

What does that mean?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru

peterh338 wrote:

That doesn't actually work. The phone changes the order of connections according to which one most recently worked.

I've had the latest (Belle) Nokias for a year or two and have never found a way to force only-wifi or only-3G etc - other than with apps specifically written to prompt you for the currently available options as e.g. Opera Mobile or Profimail do.

What does that mean?

On my Belle 808, N8, C7 and E7 this works perfectly and exactly as described above. My 808 has not changed its priority settings in 9 months despite being in daily use and having travelled with me to over a dozen different countries. My N8 has not changed the priority settings either in over two years, so you are wrong.

The built-in browser for example can also be set up to prompt for available connectivity options, if the respective setting under Access Point is selected.

It is quite easy to force only WiFi or only 3G - in more than one way. Either delete all WiFi or 3G access points from the connectivity settings or manually disable the respective connection type from the drop-down menu on the home screen.

The last is just a signature, except this one is not the standard begging for kudos.

Please use plain text.