Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 not charging, not turning on, blank screen, fo...

N97 not charging, not turning on, blank screen, found a quick fix :)

Ok this is not a conventional way but had the same problem as many others, trailed the internet, tried everything and live some 2hrs away from a nokia service centre.

my n97 wouldn't charge nor turn on whatever I just see the little led charge light on, I understood this is a software problem with the battery management program which is ridiculous but found myself without a phone so decided to remove battery and take off the plug to an old phone and connect the + and - directly to the battery for 10mins and conected the battery back up turned phone on and connected it onto the main N97 charger and hey it started normally. Obviously this doesn't sort the intial problem out but gets it bk up and running, 

Please use plain text.

Re: N97 not charging, not turning on, blank screen, found a quick fix :)

an old phone charger that is
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

This is a common nokia problem.

The charge circuit cannot detect the battery if the voltage drops below a certain level and if it does not think there is a battery it will not try to charge it.

Have been using this trick on flat batteries on Nokia's for MANY years.

Xsatquest

Please use plain text.
Advisor

I spend yesterday that immediately after being discharged too long to reload the battery, that is what happens to you Xsatquest?
DiegoN97

N97 Worst Phone
http://n97worstphone.blogspot.com

N97 - Give me another phone Nokia
http://www.petitiononline.com/NokiaN97/petition.html
Please use plain text.

Xsatquest I'm new too nokia's and there was no quick fixes on this forum either other than a few pages of the same problem. shame you didn't post your many years of experience with nokia batteries would of saved me and many others days of frustration. thank you for sharing the reason now tho :smileywink: begining to wish I hadn't moved over to this so called iphone killer as its def killed nokia for me
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
capt_minus

this method worked for me.. thank you very much..
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dekerinchi

This week ..my nokia n97 mini is not charging and not turning on. The phone shows charging however the battery bars only stay in one place and dont go up our down..

solution : just got a brand new genuine nokia charger....then till now my problem are solved... ;-)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
vipin_0635

Hi All,

My Nokia97 mini is only charging form led, not turning ON nor showing chargin indicator.

2 days earlier I've had given it for repair now mechainic is saying that voltage is droping.

Please suggest what shoul I do now ?

dekerinchi wrote:

This week ..my nokia n97 mini is not charging and not turning on. The phone shows charging however the battery bars only stay in one place and dont go up our down..

solution : just got a brand new genuine nokia charger....then till now my problem are solved... ;-)

dekerinchi wrote:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
wavecruzer79

I'm having the same issue.  The phone was working great, it was an "unlocked" new phone I got on ebay.  I dont use it often so it got left in a book bag for a few months. The battery died obviously, now I cant get it to turn on...basically does nothing.  I dont have the Nokia charger but I do have a mini usb with 5v and 1.8A charging so enought mA.  I notice a white led coming on when I plug it in.  I've left it charging over night with no luck. Tried mentioned solution here for about 1.5hrs...with no luck.  Using a volt meter on the battery I'm getting 3.73v so looks to be charged.  I've also tried a few other chargers I have including my iPad usb plug, USB to PC charging too. 

With the above solution I see 3 prongs to the battery, +, - and the 0.  What does this third one do? 

Any Ideas? 

Thanks guys 

Please use plain text.