Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 photo problem

Advisor
Accepted Solution

N97 photo problem

This might be a simple issue, but i wont know until i ask.

Transferred some pictures over from N95 onto N97 and when i goto my photos, when the screen loads you have the icons of the 2 hills in grey then the image appears when loaded. apart from on some images the icon changes to green and a black diagonal line through it.

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Advisor

ave just checked photo suite and the images are viewed in there ok, the problem is only in the gallery on the phone. when i click to view them i still get the same icon.:smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

this is very confusing. having checked file numbers i now know these arent images but a duplicate with the same file number. i cant delete them and get a general system error when i try.
Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

Since pics were previously on N95 the broken thumbnails on N97 which are duplicates of existing pics may be caused by duplication of database files. To fix this delete the thumbnails database, then it will rebuild. Connect N97 to PC in mass storage mode, and check show hidden files in Windows explorer. Locate the Private folder on N97 and open. Open 101ffc31 folder and delete the content glxmdstn. Next time Photos app is opened it will look for pics again.

If that's not successful couple other things to try.
Please use plain text.
Advisor

Excellent advice mate. worked a treat:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Sage
jim64

Happy to help. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Advisor

thnx jim it solved my problem too thnx once again
Please use plain text.
Advisor

well i guess i spoke too soooon didnt worked i deleted that file which u said. it didnt work it still shows the deleted image as a corrupted file symbol with a diagonally crossed line. Also i tried the step one more time where in i deleted the file and then restarted the phone but still it didnt worked out, any other way? My prob is i copied pics from n95(without dupplicates and negatives i.e. without the folder called _palbtn...). simply images and videos but they r not being shown in the photo menu instead it shows only three files which were there prior to copying these files. same is for videos. shows only one which was there prior to copy. I think my phones gallery is not getting refreshed. Any other soln. i have latest firmware i.e.12.0.024 also i tried formatting the 32gb hard drive once, it worked well for few days but again came back to the problem. idont want to submit my phone to nokia care centre which will take a day or two to get cured. kindly any other solution please.........
Please use plain text.
Contributor

I have the same problem, have you found any solutions?
Please use plain text.
Advisor

iscio, above solution from jim worked for me.
Please use plain text.
Contributor

in my case doen't work, I deleted the file in private but I have again all the corrupted thumbnails :-(
Please use plain text.