Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

N97 speaker problem

Registered Member
Georgio1985

N97 speaker problem

Hi I've started having a problem hearing people when IM on a call, its extremely quiet even when the volume is on full. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem n if so did u fix it without sending it away/?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pieterchip

Re: N97 speaker problem

I have the same problem. no advice from nokia yet

Please use plain text.
Advisor
G618

If the (possible) problem is on the software side of the phone , I suggest that you try updating the firmware of your phone. Refer to the link below for the Nokia Software Updater:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update#

In case the issue still persist, try hard reset by pressing *#7370# on your on-screen keypad.

(MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE CREATED A BACK-UP OF ALL YOUR FILES, DATA AND CONTACTS TO AVOID DATA LOSS. SAME GOES WHEN DOING AN UPDATE)

If the (possible) issue is on the hardware side, I strongly suggest that you take your phone (together with its proof of purchase) to the neares Nokia Care point. Refer to your local careline for the nearest care point.

Did I helped you? Show me some love by clicking the white star inside the green box on the left ^_^
Please use plain text.
Registered Member

I have the same problem. When trying to use it hands free in the car it is not loud enough. I have a friend with the n9000 and its as loud as can be.

I think this needs to be addressed .

I have the latest firmware

Please use plain text.