Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97 vs. N900

Sage
ercanmetin

[ Edited ]
honest to god, at this moment my phone asked me to check for app updates. I happened to install ovi maps update before thru software updater and had to hard reset my phone. It just asked me for updates again and showed me an update of very small kbs.. I forgot the name it was something like install before update or something like that. It installed it and phone got locked up I had to take the battery out and when I try to turn on now It does not turn on. I am at the moment hard resetting the phone for the 6th time since I have bought it. the number of Hard resets I made to my N95 for 3 years of usage = ZERO (0) 

If I spent this much time working for Nokia as a beta tester I would really help these guys. 

I will spend all my night trying to restore the phone. I am there whatever needs to be done for Nokia I am there. after N97 they deserve anything. You cannot imagine how many hours I defended Nokia againts iphone users, but Nokia shut me up. I have nothing to say to anybody anymore. I guess they were right all along. Being the best company of past doesn't matter today! Nokia you ruined my joy! god knows how many times I hard resetted this **bleep**! enough is enough. Don't fix my phone at least someone up there from Nokia come out and say "WE ARE SORRY WE MESSED UP" that word will be enough for me. I can trash this N97 in garbage can and buy the new flagship and forget about my money. I want Nokia RESPOND! 
Message Edited by ercanmetin on 30-Aug-2009 11:03 PM
Please use plain text.
Sage
ercanmetin

by respond I don't mean some cust rep calling me(that has no idea about symbian or nokia devices) and telling me if you send us your phone, we will check if it needs to be repaired we will repair it!!!! IT does not need to be repaired it needs to be reproduced! which you already did with N900! We are not stupid we are using your devices more than you are using them! we know how they work even better than your engineers! 
Please use plain text.
Sage
rajaspidey

what is meant by **bleep** ..?!!
If you find my posts useful please say

thank you by clicking the Kudos! star.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.

This is really bad! You all said it really well. What can we do? Nokia must give some kind of answer. Even if we are just few here, there's  a lot of others that didn't get what they thought they where going to get when they bought N97. N900 seems very very good, a matter of fact its probably (You cant say for sure) better in everything. I feel like I bought a chines productcopy of N900 made by pore children, but was fooled about the price it. Consider what kind of laptop I can get for that money. The question is, what can we do?

I want to do something. Have anyone spoken to Nokia about this?

oh and by the way.... **bleep** is for all those cursed words you would like to say but you know its not proper to do in public. You know, those words you say for your self in total frustration when your 700$ phone isn't working as promised or not working at all.
Please use plain text.
Professor
phatdumi

rajaspidey wrote:
what is meant by **bleep** ..?!!
Curse words are automatically replaced with **bleep**
Hit Kudos if I Helped out.
Nokia 3310-> 8810->N95->N95 8Gb->
Nokia N97 Black v21.0.045 RM-505 Code-0585162 (handset No 3)
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Then Psychomania still you defend the amazing N97 and the the hardware options of Nokia to several months ? Then don't say nothing? Also you haven't nothing to say, you know that it is true that the N97 is worthless.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
waqassonic

I mean i just cant believe that companies like samsung and lg which came into mobile market 10 years after nokia are virtually ahead of them actually making profits for the past two years, key is when u make a fone make it complete, the pity is i keep going back to nokia thinking this time they have done it better, 5800 for me was a mess a disspointment brought it the first day and then a massive price drop and loads of problems till firmware fixes i actually promised i would never buy a nokia again but the faithful n95 i had kept on pushing me that n97 is ur next 95, there i was getting rid of my lg arena and adding allot of money happily carrying my n97 home not knowing it's just same **bleep**, different day.

i like my 97 there are moments i love it but it should be more, for a flagship pf the world's **bleep**ing leader in mobiles it should give more u know like Omnia HD or Lgz S-Class interface or i cant believe i am saying this Iphone which really changed the mobile world in terms of touch screen fones...thats wat i expect from nokia.

i am not sure if n900 would do it cause nokia really need to come up with a miricle only time will tell as far as i know i would sell my n97 soon just waitin for the next fw update hoping things would end up better.

Nokia need to come up with another n95 u know something that's ahead of time, that even after so much time actually competes with n97 in many areas...

Please Hit The Kudos Button if U Find My Post Helpful - Cheers
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

SEEMZ LIKE PPL AT NOKIA DNT GVE A **bleep** BOUT US. THERE WORK IS TO FOOL LOYAL CUSTOMERS WHO ARE READY TO SPEND THEIR HARD EARNED CASH ON SOMETHING THEY HVE FAITH ON "N97". NOKIA HAS BEEN IN THE MOBILE INDUSTRY FOR AGES AND THEY CANT EVEN SHOW SOME LOYALTY TO THEIR CUSTOMER. AND AS EVERY ONE KNWZ THAT APPLE BEING A NEW PLAYER IN THE MOBILE MARKET THY HVE GOT THE RIGHT STUFF TO OFFER, THE IPHONE THEN THE IPHONE 3GS WHICH IS THE SAME VALUE AS N97.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chake

I started this thread because I felt we needed to get a "conversation" started about the N97 vs. the N900 and support issues. (And you guys are as cheap with the Kudos as Nokia is with answers/fixes to the N97 problems-I got exactly 1 for starting this thread..... *kidding* .)

Over at Nokia's own Conversations board, they're pumping it up for NW09 (see the original link in my first post). There's a thread there about questions you'd like to submit for (Nokia) interviewees at NW09. Maybe some pertinent N97 questions should be posted there (but don't be too confrontational-the overall tone of that board is niceness).

And what others have said, the N95 was the all-time best. I've had mine for 20 months. Can't see the N97 in my pocket 20 months from now.

Come to think of it, the N97 re-defines the business term "planned obsolescence" taking it from 20+months (the N95) down to 2 months (the N97).

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

arvar wrote:
SEEMZ LIKE PPL AT NOKIA DNT GVE A **bleep** BOUT US. THERE WORK IS TO FOOL LOYAL CUSTOMERS WHO ARE READY TO SPEND THEIR HARD EARNED CASH ON SOMETHING THEY HVE FAITH ON "N97". NOKIA HAS BEEN IN THE MOBILE INDUSTRY FOR AGES AND THEY CANT EVEN SHOW SOME LOYALTY TO THEIR CUSTOMER. AND AS EVERY ONE KNWZ THAT APPLE BEING A NEW PLAYER IN THE MOBILE MARKET THY HVE GOT THE RIGHT STUFF TO OFFER, THE IPHONE THEN THE IPHONE 3GS WHICH IS THE SAME VALUE AS N97.

hey there, there is no need to scream. when you reply from your phone just click  "EDIT AS HTML" button on the top left of the reply box and you will be golden :smileywink: 

You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
waqassonic

chake wrote:

I started this thread because I felt we needed to get a "conversation" started about the N97 vs. the N900 and support issues. (And you guys are as cheap with the Kudos as Nokia is with answers/fixes to the N97 problems-I got exactly 1 for starting this thread..... *kidding* .)

Over at Nokia's own Conversations board, they're pumping it up for NW09 (see the original link in my first post). There's a thread there about questions you'd like to submit for (Nokia) interviewees at NW09. Maybe some pertinent N97 questions should be posted there (but don't be too confrontational-the overall tone of that board is niceness).

And what others have said, the N95 was the all-time best. I've had mine for 20 months. Can't see the N97 in my pocket 20 months from now.

Come to think of it, the N97 re-defines the business term "planned obsolescence" taking it from 20+months (the N95) down to 2 months (the N97).

totally with you on the two months thing :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

and i still really like my n97. it is a good all around performer. the only serious gripe i have with it, is the whole memory management issue and shortage of serious RAM power. nothing that can't be worked with. so n97 and my future n900 will compliment each other nicely methinks :smileyhappy:
You know what I love about you the most, the fact that you are not me ! In love with technology and all that it can offer. Join me in discovery....
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
waqassonic

well i am having serious doubts over n900, no mms **bleep** :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

hey no worries, as it is a an open platform i would not worry. the developers will come up with a way to support this feature. also email can always serve as a portal for mms :smileywink: 
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chake

radical24 sez: the only serious gripe i have with it, is the whole memory management issue and shortage of serious RAM power. nothing that can't be worked with. so n97 and my future n900 will compliment each other nicely methinks :smileyhappy:

So please explain to us N97 luddites how they nicely compliment each other?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
radical24

[ Edited ]

well n900 is considered at best a hybrid of a phone and a tablet. but it follows in a tablet tradition more then in the phone tradition. boundaries are made to be eradicated and both merged together forming a whole new device in the future. it is the first nokia tablet that actually has the phone capabilities the 800 series were just that tablets. so we see some nice evolution and a promise of potentially great things to come in the future. and i am only talking about my needs and wants for the two devices. 

n97 is an actual phone with other capabilities. and will remain the flagship well maybe until wed when a new flagship n series will be announced. lol i have no idea but there is certainly a possibility that the new n series king/queen will be announced this week at nokia world. 

Message Edited by radical24 on 31-Aug-2009 11:03 AM
Please use plain text.
Sage

the N97 is a RIDICULOUS phone built with RIDICULOUS quality (i am on my third now, because they

couldn't get my gps to work!) with a  RIDICULOUS cpu and  RIDICULOUS ram, covered with  RIDICULOUS bugs

and  RIDICULOUS annoyances and  RIDICULOUS times to wait for  RIDICULOUS (minor, really minor!) updates

of the already  RIDICULOUS firmware called symbian os which was  RIDICULOUSLY killed by linux (since 12 years my favorite OS anyways). face it! no need to talk good about this phone, since almost everyone who has one is annyed

and regrets the deal.

this is not even second place, this is  RIDICULOUS...

Please use plain text.
Sage

ps: i cant make calls longer then a few seconds because the phone

keeps disconnecting me.

absolutely useless for a business phone! i cant explain why i always have to call twice.

but well, im on my third now and will switch to another phone as soon as i see a better

one. maybe its gonna be the n900. at least i expect it to be more flagship then this n97.

god that we have laws in germany (3rd swap is always a switch!) :smileyhappy:

and i am not going to pay for this!

pps: give kudos to the inital author of this thread. everyone should see it!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
cesarcesar

woohoo its done! I returned my N97. After my third phone with a booty load of issues and all three with scratched camera lens, my fine German retailer took it back.... and gave me and extra 100 euro credit on top of the 600 for the phone. Supa! Now i have plenty of credit to buy the N900 when it launches in October. I do swear though... if Nokia F's me on this one like they did with the N97 IM DONE FOR GOOD with them.
CesarCesar
LOVE my 5700 ExpressMusic, HATED my N97, Salivating for a N900
Like my post? Kudo me Please!
Please use plain text.
Sage
rajaspidey

nokia SHOULD REPLACE all the smartphone`s OS with MAEMO :smileymad::smileymad::smileymad::smileyindifferent:
If you find my posts useful please say

thank you by clicking the Kudos! star.

:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.