Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97Mini firmware 12.2.110 issues

Counsellor

N97Mini firmware 12.2.110 issues

Two issues: After upgrading I can no longer change or assign Album Art. The "Change" function is missing from the menu.

The new firmware seems to caused a major hit in battery life for me. My battery lasts half as long as under 11.?? the last firmware. The last firmware gave me a tremendous increase in battery life and this new firmware has taken it away. I am now getting the same batt life as under the original firmware the phone shipped with.

Is there any way to revert to the previous firmware?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Another problem I forgot to mention is the memory leak. It was gone in the last firmware but in 12.2.110 it's worse than ever. I end up with 19MB by the middle of the day with minimal usage and none of that memory gets recovered.

Seriously, does anyone know how to roll back to the previous firmware?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
chanchan05

It is actually impossible to roll back to previous firmware. However it seems that your case is a faulty installation. While this could be fixed by a reinstallation of the current firmware. I would strongly suggest a full format of the phone and reinstallation of the firmware on the clean slate. Only things to back up would be contacts, calendar, messages and notes. Everything else would be built up from scratch.
If you find my post helpful please click the green star on the left under the avatar. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Thanks for your suggestion. I assume that means no one else has noticed these issues. I'll try the format and reinstall. I hope it fixes the memory and battery problems, I was really loving this phone before that happened. (actually I still love it but I want the performance back).

Please use plain text.
Sage

Do not want to confirm the battery issue.... but i am also having issues since upgrading.

Not sure if it is the new widget... or if the battery bar is crazy after update... or if really battery use has increased after update.

Right now, my battery has jumped from 80% down to 14 % within 2 hours......

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

Honestly I am not facing the battery issue. It lasts 1 day only as before, but what I noticed it that the battery bar stays at 4 or 3 bars almost all day but then suddenly it drops & gives me "battery low" message. But the battery never lasts than 1 day, for me @ least.
I also confim the RAM memory leak. When I restart my mobile, the memory begins with around 50 MB then drops down to 30 MB wihtout using any app background although I'm usng handy taskman.
Other than this, I didnt notice any improvements with this new firmware...
If you like my post & find it helpful click on the Kudos button... Thanks.. ;-)
Please use plain text.
Sage

I can confirm the battery bar indicator issue. did not recognize that before updating the fw.

Ram issue .... do not see that. From where do you read the values?

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

There is an application called Handy Taskman. Google it. It's very helpful. There is also Best Taskman on ovi.com.
Please use plain text.
Professor
theking2

Make sure to follow all the conserve battery suggestions in the FAQ. Very likely during the process of upgrade one or two of the settings changed. Switch of services you don't use (BT, Wlan). switch to GSM instead of Dual UMTS.
As for the memory you must use some autostart application in Y-Tasks I see 52MB free after boot and it remains there.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor

I use Device Info from moubail.com - it's free.  I might have just gotten lucky but the last firmware, 11.whatever, more than doubled my battery life. With the same usage that I got one day on the upgrade gave me alost three full days. This new firmware, 12.2.110, puts it back to almost one full day just like the old 10.xx firmware the phoine rolled out with. The album art thing is intermittent now, sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. weird. The memory leak is annoying. It was so improved in the last version and this new one is terrible. I have to restart a couple times a day just to recover some RAM.

I reinstalled the firmware last night as suggested so I'll look for improvements. Not seeing any yet.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry I upgraded the firmware. I don't see any improvements but I've lost a day of battery life. If I charge the phone for 5 hours overnight the next day, with minimal usage, I end up with 50% or less at the end of the day. With heavy usage I have to recharge during the day. With the previous firmware I was getting three days with minimal usage and almost two days with heavy usage.

Nothing about this firmware seems to be an improvement. I would urge people who haven't upgraded yet to wait for the next one. I hope Nokia can fix this.

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

@lightstream, I agree there is nothing worth it in this upgrade. I didnt notice any major improvement either. Instead the memory leak is higher this time & battery bar or as others mentions battery performance is not good @ all. :-(
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
qu4k3

Hello All.

I was planning to update my phone to this version, but it appear that it won't worth.

I read that some guys get a good experience with a old version 11.

Actually my phone is installed with the version 10.2.20 (first version). I would like to update to 11, but I see that there are 2 versions of version 11: 11.2.45 and 11.2.102

Which one you guys recommend to install?

Thanks and sorry my English (I´m from Brazil)!!

My phone's model is RM-553.

Qu4k3

Please use plain text.
Sage
princemarvin

qu4k3 wrote:

Hello All.

I was planning to update my phone to this version, but it appear that it won't worth.

I read that some guys get a good experience with a old version 11.

Actually my phone is installed with the version 10.2.20 (first version). I would like to update to 11, but I see that there are 2 versions of version 11: 11.2.45 and 11.2.102

Which one you guys recommend to install?

Thanks and sorry my English (I´m from Brazil)!!

My phone's model is RM-553.

Qu4k3

First, firmware v12 is a minor update on v11, which from my side, is not a big improvement. There are still some bugs in the firmware.

Second, when it comes to firmware upgrades, it depends on your mobile product code, which is a variant of the N97 mini, or any other, that depends on country, region, network operator, or even language. Therefore, some product codes may receive a firmware update while others do not. It all depends on which product code you have & which network you may use, if your product has a network variant. Some product codes receive the firmware update early one, while others may be delayed, for one year more or less for example.You can read the product code of your mobile on the tag beneath the battery. And to check the availability of the firmware update go the the website:

http://europe.nokia.com/support/download-software/device-software-update/can-i-update

Enter your product code there & check if you can update. Sometimes, various product codes may have variant firmwares as 12.2.11 or different.

If there is an update, you can simply use Nokia PC/Ovi suite to update your mobile firmware.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.