Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: N97m unknown error in rss

Advisor
yowanvista

N97m unknown error in rss

I just added a new feed using the browser but now when I try to open feed I get 'unknown error'. Now none of my homescreen apps work.
This error has been found for than one year but nokia did not fix it
Can someone post a fix or should I get an Android device?
A hard reset is not an option for me
Please use plain text.
Advisor

yowanvista wrote:
I just added a new feed using the browser but now when I try to open feed I get 'unknown error'. Now none of my homescreen apps work. 

None of your homescreen apps, or just the RSS feeds?

There's another thread detailing the same sort of issue on the N8.  The solution was to remove the "fring" chat app, and it worked on that device; resolved the issue.

Do you have "fring" installed on your N97m?  If so, try removing it.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
yowanvista

none of them work, they just say 'loading' but never load and i don't have fring installed. All these problems started when i added an rss feed.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
yowanvista

Is there any fix for this?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
yowanvista

I sent an email to nokia support but still no response
Please use plain text.
Advisor

I'm not sure if the N97m has any issues with hard reset permanently losing things but, if not, why not backup, hard reset, restore, see if that undoes the bug.

I presume you deleted the rss feed you added already?

Please use plain text.
Advisor
yowanvista

@ freakstone I cannot even access the web feeds without getting the 'unknown error' Backup is not an option for me as the Nokia Content backup does NOT backup applications and registry items, Nokia support did not even bother about it, this is totally lame Here is a screenshot: http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/5887/scr000009ma.jpg
Please use plain text.