Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA 701 CHARGER

Counsellor
chiragkapuriya
Accepted Solution

NOKIA 701 CHARGER

I HAVE NOKIA 701 BUT I LOST MY ORIGINAL CHARGER(SOMETHING LIKE AC-15N/E),NOW I WANT TO BUY CHARGER CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE ORIGINAL CHARGER MODEL.THE PERSON WHO HAVE 701 CAN SEE IT ON THEIR CHARGER AND TELL ME DETAILS,THNX IN ADVANCE :smileyhappy:

:thumbsup:Hitting the KUDOS star makes me feel good :thumbsup:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

According to the 701 user guide the exact charger may vary;

"Your device is intended for use with a BL-5K rechargeable battery. Nokia may make additional battery models available for this device. Always use original Nokia batteries.

This device is intended for use when supplied with power from the following chargers: AC-8, AC-15 . The exact Nokia charger model number may vary depending on the plug type, identified by E, X, AR, U, A, C, K, or B" 

NOKIA 701 USER GUIDE

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Pfrancoise

Hi chiragkapuriya,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum.

Your phone supports the following chargers:

• Nokia AC-5 Compact Charger
  • Nokia AC-8 Travel Charger
  • Nokia AC-10 Travel Charger
  • Nokia AC-15 Mobile Charger

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

If this post has helped you to solve this issue, please press the "accept as solution" icon. Kudos would always be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Pfrancoise wrote:

Hi chiragkapuriya,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Nokia forum.

Your phone supports the following chargers:

• Nokia AC-5 Compact Charger
  • Nokia AC-8 Travel Charger
  • Nokia AC-10 Travel Charger
  • Nokia AC-15 Mobile Charger

Hope this will help.

Regards,
Pfrancoise

As per my original post, the OP needs to be sure of the letter suffix according to their countries mains electric socket type. For instance, AC-15X would be suitable for the U.K's three pin mains socket type but obviously wouldn't be any good in the rest of Europe. For Europe you would need the AC-15E.

Incidentally, the AC-10 is a USB charger and not a 2mm pin charger.

All the best.

Ray. 

Please use plain text.
Sage

AFAIK, there are European guidelines (that Nokia is following) about phone charger standardization. This means that any compliant phone (and 701 is) MUST be compatible to a standard charger, that means you can buy ONE charger that will fit ALL standard phones.

Standard charger is Micro-USB, according to these guidelines, thus you could use ANY micro-USB charger for your 701. Nokia may recommend specific chargers, but I don't think you'll void any warranty by using a micro-USB of a different make...

Cheers

m

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
chiragkapuriya

finally got new AC-15N n its working good :smileyhappy: thnx all :0
:thumbsup:Hitting the KUDOS star makes me feel good :thumbsup:
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
Srikanthsd

AFAIK,
AC15N Charger charges the phone battery much faster than conventional AC-3N Charger.

AC-15N
Output 5V, 800mA

AC-3N
Output 5V, 350mA.

-------------------If this post helped you, click on accept as solution.------------------
-----------------------------Appreciate by clicking on white star.----------------------------
Please use plain text.