Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: NOKIA 808 PUREVIEW MULTIPLE PROBLEMS

Advisor
geeknc

NOKIA 808 PUREVIEW MULTIPLE PROBLEMS

1. Found out 808 cannot "send" anything via NFC (only bluetooth). !! Manual says otherwise. Tried it with nokias own Lumia 920 so alteast cannot blame another manufacturer !

2. Email boxes keep on loosing their assigned names for no reason.

3. Cannot do multi select of images in the gallery.

4. Cannot take a self portrait image using front camera.

5. Keeps on dropping Wifi connectivity even though it is set as priorirty 1. Have to force connect it

6. No alerts for emails received in various mailboxes ?

7. Looses bluetooth connectivity (and reconnects right back) with motorola 730 (only when it is paired with 2 phones simulatenously).

8. FP2 has lot of improvements but also created a lot of issues ! Seems no one is QCing the updates anymore ?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
adrianhughes

Hi mate,

In response to 1., it has been reported that NFC doesn't work properly, only between WP8 devices and other WP8 devices. Same behaviour was observed in the Nokia C7. 4. there are apps such as Skype that use the front camera, otherwise it has been disabled for general usage. 7. I thought all phones could only connect to one Bluetooth device at a time and not multiple? 6. Email alerts on the notification light was never fixed, but email problems like the ones you have described are not normal, no.

In your case, make a backup first, and try re-installing the current firmware via Nokia Suite. If this does not work, then you will need to perform a three-finger hard reset, and failing this, then you will need to take your phone to your local Nokia Care point for them to inspect.

to locate your nearest Nokia Care point: http://nokia.com/support
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Advisor
geeknc

4. I need the option to take self portraits. Whoever thought to remove it !
7. Multi point and multi pairing technology is old. I can connect 2 phones to my bt headset but only the 808 keeps on randomly connecting and disconnecting. The 920 stays connected suggesting that its not a bt headset problem
6. I have read atleast 2 others reported this problem. If you rename say 2 gmail email accounts to X1 and X2 after some time (never figured out what triggers it) but it will reset to gmail and gmail(2). The (2) is not the number of unread emails. Its very confusing.
Have already tried factory reset but nothing seems to work. I am afraid to send the phone to Care suite as they might just replace it and then I loose my very expensive full body armor or am stuck with a phone that may have been dropped abused who knows what (as I beleive they are reconditioned phones not new)
Please use plain text.