Search Discussions:
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Need assistance with n97 classic.

Contributor
seriesofN

Need assistance with n97 classic.

Hello. I recently got a used n97, and I am encountering a lot of problems with it...

first of all;

I tried updating the firmware to v30, but on nokia software updater it says that my v20 firmware is the latest.

then the speed. it's slow, and I encounter some wierd things like when on handy taskman, and I run vbag(which is a problem also, I can't configure it) I exited vbag already but the memory used still doesn't go back.

also on some games, like doodle jump and asphalt hd, there seems to be a problem with the sensor. In doodle jump (which is specifially made for n97 s60v5) when in portrait mode, the doodle swings violently to the right direction, but I am holding in a straight position, and when I tilt the n97 it doesnt seem to respond at all; when I go to portrait mode the motion sensors respond accurately, but when I am holding it in a still position it seems to move left automatically. same goes for asphalt hd. I'll try more games to see if the problems occur in other games.

when in music, I added almost 3000 songs (reduced kbps quality - around 2-3 mb each) When I refreshed my music library it took too long..

Is this normal, and do you also encounter the same/similar problems? I have tried resetting to factory settings, disabling the notifications on the menu screen, but in games its still a little slow.

I think Nokia made a mistake by just putting a 434mhz processor, they should have made it at least 600mhz, imo.

please help, if you can, thanks!

ps. I collect gadgets, I wanted an n96 and n97 since it was released but now is the only time I could afford them.I don't really use this as a phone, but I personalize them to the full extent.

sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

Thanks again!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
seriesofN

Re: Need assistance with n97 classic.

any help? please?

Please use plain text.